Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Boat magazine Collectors….Please help!!!! >

Hot Boat magazine Collectors….Please help!!!!

Notices

Hot Boat magazine Collectors….Please help!!!!

Old 02-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hot Boat magazine Collectors….Please help!!!!

Hey guys,
I need help from the Hot Boat Magazine Collectors. My reasoning is my Brother acquired a 19 Caribe "SS" from a long life friend. His birthday is coming up March 1st and want to do something cool for him this year! The original owner was on his way out of the boating scene and my brother took the opportunity to own this very cool piece of history. This Caribe was not your ordinary run of the line Caribe. It was considered a "ss" with it's Chevelle and Camaro "ss" stripe and went through 2 years of lots of custom work changing the hull nose and some other things. This exact boat made a Article in a HOT BOAT Magazine October of 1992'. I have sent a email to the original owner. "Jim Bowser". He has the original Magazine but wouldn't think he would give it up. I will also find out which month it was as I'm not sure but If anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it and Purchase the Magazine if it's available? I know it's a lot to ask for but I have ran across some very nice people here. "BIGGUS" Is one of them. And he was able to help me in a similar Situation. I'm hoping to combine a build thread soon and showcase both our builds. It's a great relationship between my father, brother and Myself and boating brings us that much closer. The plan is to Frame the opened page and Frame it to hang in his garage mahal. Hope you guys can help. I'll update more pics as I find them. Thanks OSO
Far boat on the left. Again has lots of history.

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 02-14-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Hey guys,
I need help from the Hot Boat Magazine Collectors. My reasoning is my Brother acquired a 19 Caribe "SS" from a long life friend. His birthday is coming up March 1st and want to do something cool for him this year! The original owner was on his way out of the boating scene and my brother took the opportunity to own this very cool piece of history. This Caribe was not your ordinary run of the line Caribe. It was considered a "ss" with it's Chevelle and Camaro "ss" stripe and went through 2 years of lots of custom work changing the hull nose and some other things. This exact boat made a Article in a HOT BOAT Magazine sometime in 1984'. I have sent a email to the original owner. "Jim Bowser". He has the original Magazine but wouldn't think he would give it up. I will also find out which month it was as I'm not sure but If anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it and Purchase the Magazine if it's available? I know it's a lot to ask for but I have ran across some very nice people here. "BIGGUS" Is one of them. And he was able to help me in a similar Situation. I'm hoping to combine a build thread soon and showcase both our builds. It's a great relationship between my father, brother and Myself and boating brings us that much closer. The plan is to Frame the opened page and Frame it to hang in his garage mahal. Hope you guys can help. I'll update more pics as I find them. Thanks OSO
Far boat on the left. Again has lots of history.

I kind of remember an article with a 19 Caribe, I'll check the mag archives tomorrow, or you can drive down and look for yourself.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 02-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I'll check too.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Registered

I edited my post. Jim got back to me a little while ago. It was in the October 1992 issue. The two guys in the boat was Jim (driver) and his brother (passenger) Gary. Both great guys! BTW Barry! I have your poster you gave me hanging in the garage! Thanks again! I look at that for motivation! ;-). Thanks guys! I love this site!
I WILL ALSO BE POSTING SOME VIDEOS! And they are awesome! Including my old 26 scarab Flat deck! (540 material) ;-)
I'm just trying to figure out quality transfering from VHS to Cd and on the laptop.

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 02-14-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:41 AM
Registered

So are you still looking for the mag? I can look through my mags tonight for it. Glad I didn't go through all the '84 issues last night!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
So are you still looking for the mag? I can look through my mags tonight for it. Glad I didn't go through all the '84 issues last night!
Haha yea I can blame dad for telling me he though it was 84'. I'm going to see if O.C. Barry has one. He's pretty close also. Still cool to go through them at least and see how far technology has advanced. I have a few from the early 90's but not the October issue. But keep posted. I'm gathering some pretty cool Info for those interested.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Registered

OK, let me know. I'm not looking to make a bunch of $ but more to help out a boater.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is some info from Brett who was the editor of the Mag.. If you need me to PM him for it let me know:
Dear fans of HOT BOAT Magazine...

Several months ago, I started to construct a Web site that archives the Cover and Table of Contents pages for the issues of Hot Boat that I currently own. At last posting, I had finished the first 14 years or so (1983 to 1996), but now the archive is more or less complete, bringing it through to 2008.

In addition to this being a very cool archive, I also happen to be selling off most of my back issues. So, if there's one you're looking for, I invite you to take a gander. Feel free to browse the site and click on the links, which will open a new window with the image files in your browser. It's in reverse chronological order, starting at 2008 and working backwards to 1983.

Click this link: Hot Boat Magazine Archives

Please PM or email me if you want to grab any or all of these issues, which are $7 plus $2 for shipping. They are sure to be worth an incredible fortune someday.

Thanks!

Brett
Old 02-15-2014, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RVRKID
Here is some info from Brett who was the editor of the Mag.. If you need me to PM him for it let me know:
Just found that this morning actually. Already sent him a email. But a Pm will always help. Did a search on his name but didn't come up with anything solid. lol Thanks! If no go then I may raid O.C. Barry's stash. haha
Also found some more pics. I'm slowly finding them.

Don't mind the power house towing it. lol Boat ramp was at the end of the road and It was all my brother had. Now he tows it with a 8' lifted Diesel Ram 2500. Complete opposite.

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 02-15-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Registered

I have the magazine. It's been read but probably as clean a copy as you will find. The page you want is perfect. $10 shipped to your home. Let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.