Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Havasu Poker Run Attendees…? >

Lake Havasu Poker Run Attendees…?

Notices

Lake Havasu Poker Run Attendees…?

Old 04-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

I've said this a million times (usually every year about this time) but the thing that is different about DS when compared to other PR's is that your boat IS the destination. You'll spend more time on your boat at this poker run than most any other runs. Everyday you'll be running either on the water participating or watching one of the events or going for a fun run up river to Pirates Cove or down lake to Havasu Springs or just flossin' in the channel. LOTS of time on your boat. Unlike most runs that are run from point A to point B and then party at point B for the weekend.

Plus there's a crap load of stuff to do and watch. Poker Run, fun runs, shoot out, races, etc.

It's a great run and good people. It's not the biggest lake and it's in the middle of the desert but it still draws big name players and industry leaders year after year. It's worth the effort to get out there at least once! Even Gino with his nightmare experience going out with the MB boat still wants to come back!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I've said this a million times (usually every year about this time) but the thing that is different about DS when compared to other PR's is that your boat IS the destination. You'll spend more time on your boat at this poker run than most any other runs. Everyday you'll be running either on the water participating or watching one of the events or going for a fun run up river to Pirates Cove or down lake to Havasu Springs or just flossin' in the channel. LOTS of time on your boat. Unlike most runs that are run from point A to point B and then party at point B for the weekend.

Plus there's a crap load of stuff to do and watch. Poker Run, fun runs, shoot out, races, etc.

It's a great run and good people. It's not the biggest lake and it's in the middle of the desert but it still draws big name players and industry leaders year after year. It's worth the effort to get out there at least once! Even Gino with his nightmare experience going out with the MB boat still wants to come back!
You Forgot PASTIES!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Need good video links!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,044 Posts

Kinda gives the gist. There's a good one floating around showing a little more of the "party" side of things.

Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/4zQJzenP_Xw
Old 04-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Who is making the trek to Lake Havasu for Jim's poker run this month???

I'm trying to decide if I pain myself with the flight and drive from south florida….
Who is taking a big boat to the lake?
I would go if my boat would have been done. LOL
Old 04-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I went and highly recommend it. The street party and the shootout are a lot of fun. The trip up the Colorado to Pirates Cove will make you say, "God Bless America." I hope to tow
out there one year and participate. I can not imagine any powerboater not having a good time.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Registered

Anybody going out that way that needs ballast?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Looks like the Eliminator isn't going to get done in time for Desert Storm
Havasu is definitely a blast, and like the previous poster said....you'll spend LOTS of time on your boat just cruising around taking in all the "sights". Tons of awesome boats and awesome people! If you have not been, you most definitely need to go! Awesome scenery, warm water did I say awesome scenery? You must take the trip up river to Pirates Cove on Friday or Saturday.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWCJROe12sY

Get out here! !!!! It is a great event!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Registered

Are you makin it out this year???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.