Commentary: CNN Misses The Go-Fast Boat

Notices

Commentary: CNN Misses The Go-Fast Boat

Old 04-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,987 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
I generally like matts articles, but i question whether he even read the article. Just because it doesn't idolize the boat like everyone on this site doesn't mean that the article deserves to be punished. It's for CNN, not a boating so it doesn't have to be all positive about the boat or the industry. It probably needed that slant for the article to give it some interest to the general public.

The article was more than balanced. It told a brief story of Gino and his rags to riches story. Larry Goldman talkin positively about it as well. The only negative was Wilson saying it wasn't to his taste. And I think most people would discount his view, or question it, when looking at the photos.

How you can say he article doesn't answer it's own question defies belief. It had Gino and Larry talking gushingly about the boat against the one negative. Also it's bordering on laughable for Matt to say its unbalanced. That article is far more balanced than I think anything Matt is capable of even writing. When was the last time he devoted time in an article to question the design of a boat. He doesn't. He doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds him.

As one positive, that one article will probably be one of the best articles for the promotion of that boat, MTI, Gino and the industry as a whole to the general population in 2014.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with your opinion, but as always, I support your right to it. I know I can't please everyone so I don't even try. Guess you're not a fan.

By the way, which design would you have me question? If there's something you believe you know, some company you believe is doing bad work and putting the public at jeopardy, by all means spit out. You're safe. You have a screen name.

And while I appreciate the journalism lesson and advice, for that article to be "balanced" as you claim it is, there would have to be another third-party "expert" included with a different view than Mr. Willson's.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts

As I'm SURE you are already aware Matt, the vast majority of members here on OSO (myself included) are HUGE fansof your work! Carry on!
Old 04-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,987 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm
As I'm SURE you are already aware Matt, the vast majority of members here on OSO (myself included) are HUGE fansof your work! Carry on!
Thank you for saying so and I am flattered by and grateful your support. But boatlessatm does have a valid point ... Larry Goldman was quoted positively in the story. I don't believe it was nearly enough to balance out the author's clear point of view that was repeated slammed home by Mr. Willson.