Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Low of 27 Tonight, Should I do anything??? >

Low of 27 Tonight, Should I do anything???

Notices

Low of 27 Tonight, Should I do anything???

Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low of 27 Tonight, Should I do anything???

So the low is suppose to be 27 tonight, and it will be 32 or under for about 6 hours, should I be worried about the boat at all? I am thinking no, but wanted to see what you guys think? And if I should do anything?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:17 AM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Throw a light in the bilge, and you will be fine.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Registered

Make sure the out drive is down as well (If not already)
Old 04-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

yup, incandescent light bulb in the bilge will provide enough heat.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Registered

So you guys are saying I need to get down to the marina and put a heater or light bulb in there cause there is a risk of damaging something?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

JUST discussed.
Read the posts on this thread:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ted-issue.html
Old 04-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You should be fine. I've always been told that it takes several back to back days of below freezing temperatures to cause any damage.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
JUST discussed.
Read the posts on this thread:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ted-issue.html
Thanks, but why would have I looked in that thread to answer this question? When you search, which is something I do often and go digging through many threads before I find a remotely close response to answer whatever question I may have at the time. Sometimes man I just don't have time to go digging into threads to find an answer. I appreciate you directing me toward that thread, and it looks like it is a mixed bag of responses on whether it will be just fine as is, or go and put a heater in the bilge and lower the drive. The reason I am asking is because it isn't convienant at all to go to my marina. It is 30min away from my house, I work till 5, would have to cancel plans that are made, and it is a monsoon out there today. Now I will 100% do what is needed to be done if there is a risk that something can get damaged, but that is what I am trying to figure out. You think something will get damaged? Or if it was your boat and you were in the same situation I am in, what would you do?
Old 04-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by ealesh33
Thanks, but why would have I looked in that thread to answer this question? When you search, which is something I do often and go digging through many threads before I find a remotely close response to answer whatever question I may have at the time. Sometimes man I just don't have time to go digging into threads to find an answer. I appreciate you directing me toward that thread, and it looks like it is a mixed bag of responses on whether it will be just fine as is, or go and put a heater in the bilge and lower the drive. The reason I am asking is because it isn't convienant at all to go to my marina. It is 30min away from my house, I work till 5, would have to cancel plans that are made, and it is a monsoon out there today. Now I will 100% do what is needed to be done if there is a risk that something can get damaged, but that is what I am trying to figure out. You think something will get damaged? Or if it was your boat and you were in the same situation I am in, what would you do?
I wasn't chastising, just guiding you too a very recent similar convo so you could see some relevant opinions. A search would not have found that.

IF it was my boat, and knowing that I have the tiny/thin brass tubes in the very expensive heat exchangers...
...I'd make arrangements to address.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe 3 people have told you to go put a light bulb and 1 said you should be fine. It's your call but you do have a 3 to 1. Call the marina and have them do it or else if something gets damaged you can't say noone told you but then again im sure you wouldn't say something got damaged. I don't have that problem as i live in Miami. ... good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.