Are we judged by the brand and size of are boats

Notices

Are we judged by the brand and size of are boats

Old 04-22-2014, 09:19 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,331 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Actually on here its starting to sound like guys with smaller boats are poorly judging guys with larger boats. Kinda weird.
x 2. And it ain't right......but.....I'm thinking that this thread is just an avenue where some feel like they can finally say their peace.

I think some need to remember, alot of times it's who you are, not what you drive.

Just like in business, if what you are doing isn't working out for you, stop doing things the same way and try something different. It won't change on it's own.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol i thought i was on yellowbullet reading that.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 601 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by vmf
you could row up in a dingy with his avatar(icdedppl) and be the envy any guy at the sand bar.
Word. A highschool age kid had a flawless old 80s runabout out last summer with his hot GF. That caused some jealousy.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I keep my Sweet 16 listed as "My Boat" for a reason, I never was good at hanging with the cool (rich) kids.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=I.C.U.Lookin;4110257]Actually on here its starting to sound like guys with smaller boats are poorly judging guys with larger boats.

Not the intension of this thread at all, in fact I would wager that the bigger boat owners take a bashing by the jealous who could only dream of having a boat like that or even just owning a boat, we are all blessed just to have a boat and afford to use it.

But we all know there are some who elevate themselves above others because they have bigger and better and feed off the attention it brings them!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Registered

Funny thread. I have a saying, "all boats hold a cooler the same way".
Old 04-22-2014, 12:10 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Rwbrew3;4110477]
Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Actually on here its starting to sound like guys with smaller boats are poorly judging guys with larger boats.

Not the intension of this thread at all, in fact I would wager that the bigger boat owners take a bashing by the jealous who could only dream of having a boat like that or even just owning a boat, we are all blessed just to have a boat and afford to use it.

But we all know there are some who elevate themselves above others because they have bigger and better and feed off the attention it brings them!
Really I don't think it's jealousy, there's not 1 owner here that wouldn't want to own an MTI, DCB, Hustler but many can't afford and thus we have what we can afford (Most of the time) but we admire "the boat". I am pretty sure that if I rolled up in my jalopy wanting to raft up next to these boats I would not be welcomed very much and then upon leaving be laughed at..... been there before, Go to any event and where do you find the sub 20' boats... tucked away out of site.... been there before, but in all honesty there are only 4 people that I need to make happy and every time I fire the engine up and pull away from the dock the smiles on their faces are worth more than a MTI, DCB or Hustler.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beaver 3
Lol i thought i was on yellowbullet reading that.
LOL yup!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by inspector747

Really I don't think it's jealousy, there's not 1 owner here that wouldn't want to own an MTI, DCB, Hustler but many can't afford and thus we have what we can afford (Most of the time) but we admire "the boat". I am pretty sure that if I rolled up in my jalopy wanting to raft up next to these boats I would not be welcomed very much and then upon leaving be laughed at..... been there before, Go to any event and where do you find the sub 20' boats... tucked away out of site.... been there before, but in all honesty there are only 4 people that I need to make happy and every time I fire the engine up and pull away from the dock the smiles on their faces are worth more than a MTI, DCB or Hustler.
I looked at Cigarettes, Donzi's, Fountains, and a couple Fastechs before I pulled the trigger last year. Would I like to have Gino's new Lambo Rocket? In a freakin' heartbeat! But it would have to be my "other" boat. I have a family, and they don't all want to sit facing forward watching me drive. My parents are at the age where doing 80 on the water ain't gonna happen with them onboard. I have friends that are not "boat people", much less go fast boat people. Since I'm not ready to pay for two boats, I compromised. I'm not jealous of boats like "Lick This" and their owners, I'm glad they are buying them, keeping $$$ flowing in the industry and pushing the builders and technology. Were it not for them, it wouldn't be so easy to buy 500, 600, 700hp "off the shelf" and just drop it in a solid hull. I ain't lining up for any "man-nothing". Just like the guys that own cars faster than mine, I'd love to have one or even drive them. But I love and enjoy what I've got and make the most of every moment I get to spend in my toys. Even if it's just getting some friends acquainted with the boat at the slip with some prosciutto and wine. I go to races to see the cutting edge and look forward to the trickle down to me.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 601 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by MINK
LOL yup!
Maybe I've been hanging out over there to much. There's not always enough engine build action on this forum for my appetite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.