Are we judged by the brand and size of are boats >

Are we judged by the brand and size of are boats

Notices

Are we judged by the brand and size of are boats

Old 04-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
I think it's like the guys with the smaller boats are assumed to be young kids - I'm 45years old and love the boat I own - I don't have a ton of knowledge like most but I know enough to keep me from having to take it to a shop to keep it on the water !
Yes I had some fellow suggest maybe I shouldn't invest in any upgrades to my boat as I would never recoup the money spent! On a boat... I'm shocked!
This was from a guy who will lose a have mil on his.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
I just think threads would be differant if people new the person behind the keyboard !
I concur.......I've been a member here a long time, I've been to the OSO events in Miami, many, many Poker runs but still don't have any "connections" at these events. There are about 5 fellow enthusiasts that know me and we wave and say hi. That's as far as it goes. So, maybe it is the boat or I just give off that ******* vibe....
Old 04-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
This is very true. However I have met quite a few of these clowns...
I hope your referring to wrinkleface and not me
Old 04-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've come to the conclusion I have about 15 more summers to spend on the water and I plan to make the best of every outing ! Life was never designed to be a competion and if it was we would all loose !
Old 04-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

I get beat down and teased when I tell the GF I am looking to down size in the next year or so.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Internet aside, having owned go-fast boats for 30 yrs, no, the size of your boat does not carry any weight. I've found most people think you're an idiot for owning the type of boats we are drawn to.

A few summers back I was filling up my old Top Gun while on the trailer at a local gas station. Some younger guys pulled up and asked how much gas it held. When I told them 250 gallons, one of them said "that thing's stupid" as they drove off.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talk to every one who has a boat... yes even blow boaters... most of the time they are great, fun people, boaters in general that is. But I also have had a few run in's with people who for whatever reason think they are better that others, sometimes they feel better about themselves based on the fact their boat is bigger, sometimes based on the fact they have different type of boat than me. Whatever the reason I feel it's simply that those people are insecure and looking for a way to make themselves feel better.

Like others have said, I don't care what kind of boat you have as long as you are boating I am good with it.

Then there's Darr... he is just looking for any kind of attention he can get. If everyone just ignored him he would/should just dry up and go away... like the foot fungus that he is... or maybe jock itch would be a better analogy?

Old 04-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole2534
Ironic part of this thread is that I'm far more likely to judge someone based upon how they present themselves online. How their sentences are structured and executed is important.
my old freshman english teacher would love you!!! LOL... Mrs. Young is that you? LOL Guess I should get a proof reader before I post LOL.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

OH... P.S. to everyone

could we refrain from speaking the name of he whos name should not be spoken...

I have him on ignore on another site!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
my old freshman english teacher would love you!!! LOL... Mrs. Young is that you? LOL Guess I should get a proof reader before I post LOL.
If Im jusdged by my sentence structure and spelling etc...........Well im sorry cuz Ill skip punctuation and not capitalize or spell check. Why? because either way youll get what Im saying. Dont sweat the small things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.