For Sale ad pet peeves...lets here yours >

For Sale ad pet peeves...lets here yours

Notices

For Sale ad pet peeves...lets here yours

Old 04-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For Sale ad pet peeves...lets here yours

I cant stand going on any site like ebay, CL, etc and search for a particular boat, say a Fountain and you get ads for a Baja, Formula, or something that isnt even a go fast boat!

If im looking for a Fountain, I dont want to see your 1988 Baja Sport or your Scarab III.

No offense if you have a Baja Sport or a Scarab III, but hopefully you get what im saying.

Whats some of your pet peeves ?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Lack of pictures and lack of asking price.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
I cant stand going on any site like ebay, CL, etc and search for a particular boat, say a Fountain and you get ads for a Baja, Formula, or something that isnt even a go fast boat!

If im looking for a Fountain, I dont want to see your 1988 Baja Sport or your Scarab III.

No offense if you have a Baja Sport or a Scarab III, but hopefully you get what im saying.

Whats some of your pet peeves ?

I get the idea though for that and can not fault the ad maker. It opens it up to a wider crowd.

Say you have a Pantera. Know how many people not into boats know what that is? So you tag other well known makes and models.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 04-16-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Misspelling and punctuation are the worst.... I "Can't " stand or don't understand why it is people posting ads can't spell or punctuate correctly.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Registered

When the seller has "DONT CALL ME WITH LOW OFFERS"
I'll call them and take up about 30 min asking questions about something I don't want then offer them about half price and try to piss them off
Old 04-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I won't even hardly look if there is not an asking price. At least put something on it to start. If it's too much I won't waste your time or mine.

I also hate "make an offer" ads. Just stupid. I've made a few reasonable offers that were a big fat no. Again, I wouldn't have made an offer if your asking price would have been posted.

If you R E A L L Y want to sell your boat, then spend the time to clean it up and post some high quality photos. A recent famous Skater V has been listed for a pretty unreasonable price (in my opinion). There is one photo of it in a barn covered in dust and dirt. Uhhhhhh, yeah I'd like to buy your boat…..will you take asking price?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

I just sold a wrecked truck on Craigslist.....8 days, got full asking price. Got 30-40 texts, dozen calls and 2 people showed in person, the 2nd person handed me the cash and took it away. Truck ran/drove/a/c still cold but had $4300 in damage/blown airbag etc. Sold it for $1900, it was 10 yrs old, 107K miles and needed tires. Junkyards I called said $400 if I delivered it or $350 if I had them tow it. All painted surfaces were perfect (fenders/doors/hood/bed/tailgate) and the glass was good so I felt it was worth $1900 just for parts and it had a clean title. I essentially got $6200 for the truck, replaced it with a brand new one.

Texts started with Will U take $500?, then a few $1000 is all I got and the one guy that showed looked it all over and said $1200 because it needs X,Y,Z. Keep in mind I had the insurance company's estimate in hand so I knew to the penny what it needed yet not one person asked! Kid that bought it paid cash, picked it up New Years Day at 8am (he was about 250 miles away). Showed up with a F350 and a car trailer and took it away. When I asked what he was going to do with it he was going to take the bed off it and put it on his other truck. Apparently there was only one complete bed available at a junkyard near him and they wanted $1600 for it! He was happy to pay $300 more to get the whole truck. He was going to slap the wrecked truck back together with used parts, put a stake bed on it and hoped to get $2500 for it essentially getting the bed for his other truck for free!

Truck would be ideal for the right buyer and after 8 days he showed up with cash in hand. Tons of stupid people, stupid questions like "can I drive it across the state as is"....."will you take payments"......offering junk trades/equipment trades........CASH folks! Just trying to get a wrecked truck out of my warehouse!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

1. A power boat for sale, and all the ad talks about is the stereo system
2. How fast a 25 foot boat is with 10 people and 5 coolers full of potato salad
3. Selling a decent boat, but in the pics the boat is a mess, your selling a money item but couldn't pick up the beer cans, wet towels, kids life jackets etc.? Instantly not interested.
4. Calling on a boat, and its actually 2 hours away from the guy at his fathers house and he can't show it. This seems to happen a lot

I could keep going, but will let others chime in.....
Old 04-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Grammar and spelling are a big deal to me for some reason. For example, hear or here? lol

Last edited by TBAG; 04-16-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Registered

all the flakes that say they will buy it on the phone then never show up......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.