Registered

Received 593 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
this 34 is 19,500 with fresh power
Where's that listed?
Old 04-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

This was anchored off the beach this past weekend in front of my resort. Sharp. Had twin 4-stroke Yammies.
Attached Thumbnails Scarab 302 C.C.......thoughts.-scarab.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
This was anchored off the beach this past weekend in front of my resort. Sharp. Had twin 4-stroke Yammies.

That's it man.

I know I am losing some cool stuff with the Sonic but I would not be disappointed at all to see that floating in her place.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Get your Sonic sold first. There are lots of Scarab 302's around to buy and don't be afraid of 2 strokes. They are a great boat and with OB's pretty easy to maintain. I bought my Scarab Sportster for not much $ in Tampa= came wioth an owens & sons trailer. It's my Florida boat...

Wannabe
Attached Thumbnails Scarab 302 C.C.......thoughts.-scarab-hoist.jpg   Scarab 302 C.C.......thoughts.-scarab-small.jpg  
Old 04-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Registered

Did a run (boat kids) with Statement Marine and them 2 weeks ago and this is their good buddies. I fell in love with it. All redone and done perfect in my opinion.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wannabe
Get your Sonic sold first. There are lots of Scarab 302's around to buy and don't be afraid of 2 strokes. They are a great boat and with OB's pretty easy to maintain. I bought my Scarab Sportster for not much $ in Tampa= came wioth an owens & sons trailer. It's my Florida boat...

Wannabe

Sonic will be listed in a month or so. Want to enjoy another run or two but I know in the long run it's time.

Love the Sonic but I think I jumped into more than I wanted and needed. So get a little summer fun with her and then it's time. Next season I would like to be in a sport CC.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks good, easy to maintain. If the price is good there is alway a demand for these boats. The hulls ride great, mine is the 26 ft version.

Wannabe
Old 04-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a reason you have decided on the Scarab and 4 Strokes? I just picked up a Concept with Optimax (2 strokes), and so far I have been blown away by the acceleration the two stroke 225s have. Makes my Velocity feel like a mini van pulling out into traffic.... I was also very impressed with the Ride quality of the hull. The Concept 30 is really a 28' hull Is the Scarab a 30' hull or do they count the platform too??. I took it out in some nasty stuff last weekend (sustained winds of 20-30mph), ran her up to 60 and was amazed at the ride. They are other brands out there with similar "go-fast" looks in that price range. I guess what I am saying is I wouldn't narrow your search to just the Scarab and 4 strokes. Mercury EFI's from what I have heard are kind of fuel hogs, where the Optimax (later models) are fuel efficient. I am loving the idea of filling up oil tanks every now and then and never having to do oil changes.

You will love Outboards (I am in love and have only had them a very short time) for serviceability alone. No more contorting yourself in positions not humanly possible to change an impeller of an oil filter....

The Seadeck in that Scarab looks great. I have had thoughts of doing the same to my Concept.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Is there a reason you have decided on the Scarab and 4 Strokes? I just picked up a Concept with Optimax (2 strokes), and so far I have been blown away by the acceleration the two stroke 225s have. Makes my Velocity feel like a mini van pulling out into traffic.... I was also very impressed with the Ride quality of the hull. The Concept 30 is really a 28' hull Is the Scarab a 30' hull or do they count the platform too??. I took it out in some nasty stuff last weekend (sustained winds of 20-30mph), ran her up to 60 and was amazed at the ride. They are other brands out there with similar "go-fast" looks in that price range. I guess what I am saying is I wouldn't narrow your search to just the Scarab and 4 strokes. Mercury EFI's from what I have heard are kind of fuel hogs, where the Optimax (later models) are fuel efficient. I am loving the idea of filling up oil tanks every now and then and never having to do oil changes.

You will love Outboards (I am in love and have only had them a very short time) for serviceability alone. No more contorting yourself in positions not humanly possible to change an impeller of an oil filter....

The Seadeck in that Scarab looks great. I have had thoughts of doing the same to my Concept.

I am not stuck on Scarab just easy to find and enjoy the look. I like Concepts a lot too. An 8' ish beam CC with small cuddy is the guideline. As far as engine I do like the hands free of 4 stroke but I am betting like most I see for sale i will start with a 2 stroke and I guess evaluate from there.

Fwiw too that flooring is money. I will 100% be doing that. We took his scarab and 2 Statement CC's out after the run that all have it and I wonder now why I don't.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 04-17-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I have been told, the Optis (aside from adding oil) are pretty much trouble free (no oil changes with 2 stroke) I dropped the lower units and replaced impellers on both. Each lower unit takes about 3/4 quart of oil. So that's only 1.5 quarts for both, My single Bravo took twice that. In my little experience with outboards, It appears they are much easier to work on. I think the Concept has a slightly larger cuddy (Concept 30) than the Scarab. If you jump to a Concept 36' The cabin is much larger. (The 36 is actually 33')

Not that I do any fishing, but I wonder how easy that seadeck is to clean. I also wonder if it is stain resistant (will it look worn out after a few years)... Those would be my only concerns. Right now I am loving the fact I can walk around without bumping into things. I can bend down to pick something up without banging into a seat. Also loving the ease of hosing the floor down.... After taking mine out for the first time on Sunday, I have been thinking to myself "why did it take so long to switch to a CC?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.