Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
what makes LOTO so popular? >

what makes LOTO so popular?

Notices

what makes LOTO so popular?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok enough with the politics but are you really suggesting that boaters dont reflect the natural split of Americans?

lol
Anyway I cant argue with you because you have the best avatars

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Stimleck the majority on this board are not democrats. The USA as a whole is fairly split but mostly because democratic politicians give them free money to sit home and not contribute in any way to our economy. It's a sad state of affairs. Ok done with the politics
Old 04-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Registered

Well I guess that's a good thing for me because LOTO is much closer than South Florida.
I spent a year in Lauderdale in 94 and went t Peanut Island almost every weekend. Its sad that the industry is evaporated. I remember reading the Don Aronow book and then touring every inch of Thunderboat Alley just taking it all in. Visiting Ft Apache, the Cigarette factory where they were nice enough to supply me with artwork that I copied for my Scarab (dumb idea, like putting a fire chicken on a mustang), walking through the magnum factory back lot which didn't even have a fence. Whatever happened to Fort Apache, Sunny Isles, and the big marina in Ft Lauderdale that INXS was stored at? (I forget the name)
What does this mean for the builders like Tommy from Chief who are based there?

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
In the 80's you would have been right. Like Premier Perf said unless there is a poker run in town you could boat all day in S. Florida and never hear the rumble of a big block!

Noise restrictions, manatee zones/no wake zones and simply changing boating style has killed offshore boats in S. Florida. A triple engine CC with 900+ HP hanging off the back is turn key, quiet and offers a better layout for idling around with shade from the T-Top as icing on the cake!

Peanut Island on a holiday weekend you might see one go fast, but 50+ triple engine CC's with big stereos and loaded with people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u8IvR9eTqs
Old 04-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Registered

In the 80's you would have been right. Like Premier Perf said unless there is a poker run in town you could boat all day in S. Florida and never hear the rumble of a big block!

Noise restrictions, manatee zones/no wake zones and simply changing boating style has killed offshore boats in S. Florida. A triple engine CC with 900+ HP hanging off the back is turn key, quiet and offers a better layout for idling around with shade from the T-Top as icing on the cake!

Peanut Island on a holiday weekend you might see one go fast, but 50+ triple engine CC's with big stereos and loaded with people.
Yikes I should have watched the video first, Peanut Island was nothing like that in 1994! lol
Old 04-23-2014, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
That is a Midwest thing, just watch their news when there is a disaster and they will dig to find some sort of connection, talk about events to nausea like the 1904 World's Fair and don't even think about saying something negative about Cardinal fans.... it's like you kick their grandma, oh then there was the reactions when St.Louis faired as a more dangerous city than Detroit or the time the Mayor of Austin used St. Louis as an example of a city that was once prosperous in one of his adds for his city's success and development. LOTO just falls in the same catagory of god for bid someone doesn't like it or has something negative to say.

I don't know how well you take care of your boat but that is simply a false statement.
Oh it's clean I will even let you smell it
Old 04-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 233 Likes on 117 Posts

that water has to stink by the end of the day....lol

I must be getting old,does nothing for me..
Old 04-23-2014, 11:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GeeterB
I love how Nort calls it a $hithole.....I used to think the whole SCOPE thing sounded really cool...I thought it meant Southern Cali Offshore Boat Enthusiasts....then I found out it was Elite...what a bunch of dorks.
It's not SCOBE.........it's SCOPE!!! It's an acronym inside of an acronym. SCOPE stand for Southern California Offshore Powerboat Elite......and the "Elite" stands for "Exceeding Limits In Total Excitment". There......now you have the facts.

LOTO? One thing I can say......you don't need to wear OFF or other insect chemicals or apparel while boating offshore in SoCal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522485[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails what makes LOTO so popular?-945.jpg  
Old 04-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
that water has to stink by the end of the day....lol

I must be getting old,does nothing for me..
Yeah, that is a sweaty mess of drunks.....It was so bad this year the water taxi simply left and refused to pick up passengers. As far as water quality, there is a cluster of sailboat/junk vessel moorings 500 yards north and the water is routinely flagged for fecal matter/ closed beach etc. Apparently bucks of waste are dumped overboard at night and it destroys the water quality in the area. I prefer to visit only on an incoming tide (inlet is 1000 yards south) so atleast the area is being flushed.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
Yikes I should have watched the video first, Peanut Island was nothing like that in 1994! lol
It was rowdy when I started going there in 2004 but not like the video. Search youtube, all sorts of fights/mayhem posted. Last year a woman was beaten/raped during daylight hours and the perp got away. They banned alcohol on land last year so now you have to be in ankle deep water or deeper to drink legally.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,890 Likes on 950 Posts

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
LOTO? One thing I can say......you don't need to wear OFF or other insect chemicals or apparel while boating offshore in SoCal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522485[/ATTACH]
Don't need it at LOTO either. The water kills them all Actually, they don't like the high lime content in the water.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Registered

Is that from everyone spilling their Coronas in the water??? LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.