Problem with a new 42 Cigarette >

Problem with a new 42 Cigarette

Notices

Problem with a new 42 Cigarette

Old 08-17-2002, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I HAD A 388 SLINGSHOT

IT WOULD NOT GET ON PLANE WITH THE TABS DOWN, AT ALL, I THINK IT MAY BE THE STEPPED BOTTOMS, TRY IT OUT
Old 08-17-2002, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried not putting the tabs down and it does not help.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:22 AM
Registered

One other question for you, do you have drive showers. If the pickups for the showers are too low they will cause cavitation while planing out. Innovative marine made their pickups adjustable for that very reason.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Try a set of 30" before switching ratios. Your RPM's will be different and top speed will be lower but for testing if it will get you on plane better it will work fine. My boat is different (38' Powerquest) and tabs down is bad. It lifts the stern too much and the props cavitate. I usually leave the tabs level or slightly up. Run it up to it starts to slip and hold it there until it gets up on plane. 5 blades will help, another on this board with a PQ switched an noticed a big difference.
Old 08-17-2002, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may not help since my boat is 31' but if I try to plane at 3000 rpm it will break loose, props are Bravo 32's. It may take a while but slowely try to plane at 2000 rpm and push slowely up to 2500.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

The boat has no drive showers on it. If any of you were at the poker run in cleveland you might have seen the boat. Its white with black tiger stripes on it.

Last edited by keyslife; 08-17-2002 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Phil Lipshutz at Lip Ship Marine in North Miami. Tell him all the info and he will be able to set you in the right direction. When it comes to Cig problems he is my first call. And do yourself a favor when you call. At least buy a T-Shirt or something. He will answer everyones call and give out accurate/quality information but the man still works for a living.
Lip-Ship Performance: 305-933-9988 If you own a Cigarette in FL your going to need this number, But if you own one in CA you'll want mine. Good luck!
Old 08-17-2002, 01:09 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Bigwavz
Does the boat have transmissions? If it does are they in low gear when you first take off?
Bravo's don't have transmissions they shift in the drive.
Old 08-17-2002, 01:16 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by keyslife
the boat has 28" centers the ratio is 1.5 and has extention boxes also. I had 32 normal bravos on it first and it did a bit better but I could hit the limiter to easy.
I'm confused what's on 28" centers? The drives if it's a side by side setup that's impossible!!!! Some of the racers know what I went through with the centerline on the F2-69 Cigarette....We had to like, really grease and lube the motors to get a 33" centerline to fit let alone try changing plugs.

I also see your running boxes did you change the X when you put the boxes on or did Cigarette do all of the installation and rigging setup?

Audio is right though buy the Herings you will not be dissappointed and in the long run it will probably be cheaper than all of the things you're about to get into trying to get it the way you want it. Call me 949 289-0059 anytime.

IDRPSTF did the guy call you yet or not??????
Old 08-17-2002, 01:35 PM
Registered

sorry its 38" centers not 28" oops. Hey guys thanks for the input I ordered the Herings today.

Last edited by keyslife; 08-17-2002 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Problem with a new 42 Cigarette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.