Notices

Wireless Marine Headsets

Old 04-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wireless Marine Headsets

The intercom system our boat needs to be replaced. Are there any wireless options out there? I really just want driver and throttle man communication.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Orthobam
The intercom system our boat needs to be replaced. Are there any wireless options out there? I really just want driver and throttle man communication.

Thanks
I looked into these when looking for exactly that. Setcom twintalk They fit the need of wireless with no base station and also has cell phone integration. A bit pricey so I passed since I really didn't "need" them and more like wanted them
Old 04-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

What's going wrong with the system you have?
Old 04-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drejustice
I looked into these when looking for exactly that. Setcom twintalk They fit the need of wireless with no base station and also has cell phone integration. A bit pricey so I passed since I really didn't "need" them and more like wanted them
Yes, just called. Pricey indeed. $2,000 for a 2 person set up. I was hoping for something 1/2 that price.

Originally Posted by sonic700
What's going wrong with the system you have?
12 years old. Not very clear. I hate having **** that doesn't work. I want every button, gauge and knob to do what it was put in the boat to do. I just figured in 2014 when I can control my whole life from a $300 phone a guy could find some wireless headsets.

about $3500 to replace the system wired as it is. I don't care if the back seat can hear but I would like better communication between driver and throttle.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

I got ya. I've been wanting some for my boat but wasn't sure how long they last or who has the best clarity. 12 years is a good run though. Good luck with the search.