Any Unlisted Deals on Tow Rigs? >

Any Unlisted Deals on Tow Rigs?

Notices

Any Unlisted Deals on Tow Rigs?

Old 05-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Now I bought 2 Topkicks this morning. I told the seller on Ebay he could keep my $1000 deposit and I'll pay his Ebay fees if he would relist the truck. I haven't heard back from him yet. Does this sound fair or should I take delivery of the Ebay truck and try to resell it?
Its only Ebay. I would explain the situation to the seller you are not going to choose and move on. No money needed.
They might choose to give you a bad ding to your ebay nic but I will take that over handing over $1000+.
Pretty sure Ebay will not charge them to relist from a buyer walking away. They can also choose to go with the next highest bidder I believe.

Last edited by ChargeIt; 05-16-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:53 AM
ABT
Registered

Post a pic and some details. I might be interested, been looking off and on for a while....
Old 05-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at Top Kicks a while back and considered buying one over a Sport Chassis because they were so much cheaper. Found out why they were cheap, they have a heavier payload capacity than the GMC 3500 but not a higher tow capacity for conventional towing. If you're towing with a fifth wheel with that much weight you'll probably be ok, otherwise you might bend your frame where your hitch is connected. Also you don't need a CDL for the Sport Chassis unless it has air brakes, that goes for most states. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Registered

I've searched the normal sites on the internet, but does anyone know of a tow rig for sale that's not listed? I'm looking for something with at least an 18,000 pound tow rating and low miles.

I know this sounds funny but try Horsetrailerworld.com they have a section for tow vehicles and u will find an abundance of tow vehicles in there
Old 05-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just accidentally bought a Topkick on Ebay. Not really what I wanted, but it's clean and cheap compared to everything else I was looking at. I guess you shouldn't throw a lowball bid on Ebay, or you might win. It only has 57,000 miles so I'm sure it will be fine for a while. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and PM's.
I hate when that happens lol!
Old 05-17-2014, 04:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by carter38
I hate when that happens lol!
This thread is getting better and better
Old 05-17-2014, 06:45 AM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Now I bought 2 Topkicks this morning. I told the seller on Ebay he could keep my $1000 deposit and I'll pay his Ebay fees if he would relist the truck. I haven't heard back from him yet. Does this sound fair or should I take delivery of the Ebay truck and try to resell it?
Vodka/grape Gatorade and eBay doesn't mix well I guess. But the good news is you shouldn't miss a poker run because of a truck problem.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 402 Likes on 128 Posts

The eBay seller understood and accepted my deposit as a good faith gesture. I'm in Louisiana now picking up the white truck. I'm sure I could've gotten out of the eBay deal cheaper, but it wasn't his fault the deal went south and I still have karma on my side. I'll post pics later.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:04 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 402 Likes on 128 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523516[/ATTACH]I got a new tow rig, so of course we had to hit the mall to keep the peace. Truck needs a little TLC, but can't complain for the money. It's a Regency conversion so it's done right at least.
Attached Thumbnails Any Unlisted Deals on Tow Rigs?-image.jpg  
Old 05-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ChargeIt
Its only Ebay. I would explain the situation to the seller you are not going to choose and move on. No money needed.
They might choose to give you a bad ding to your ebay nic but I will take that over handing over $1000+.
Pretty sure Ebay will not charge them to relist from a buyer walking away. They can also choose to go with the next highest bidder I believe.
That would be a chicken sh!t thing to do to the seller! Seller was simply trying to sell his truck. Warparty36 has initiated a good will jester and shown that he is a better man than just getting a 'bad ding' and wasting a man's time by walking away.

Rig looks great Bubba and hope to see the new boat sometime this summer.

Chad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.