Notices

Pier 57 Horror stories

Old 05-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I dealt with Scott when I bought my TG earlier this year. He was nothing but professional and willing to help at every turn. As a matter of fact, it was one of the best buying experiences I've had period. His entire staff was welcoming and extremely easy to deal with. It's the details such as a personalized welcome sign with my name on it when I walked in, to the clean boat ready for me to inspect to the handful of t-shirts & Pier 57 gear that I walked out with, to a surprise follow up gift to my 3yr old son. None of it necessary, but all of it in an effort to give excellent service and a desire to earn repeat business. I wouldn't think twice about purchasing the next one from Scott. He's a solid guy in my book...

Chad
Old 05-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

note to op,delete this thread while you can,it,s ok.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:06 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! was hoping there would be a positive end to this thread.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Why delete the thread? He and others are merely sharing their experience and their personal perspectives. P57 has responded accordingly and I believe both sides have been professional and are not attacking each other. While a bummer situation, each side is articulating their side of the story in an effort to inform others.

No need to be political here. I believe this is a fairly structured thread without the typical bashing.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If Pier57 was not a sponsor on this site, this thread would probably be deleted because its become the best advertisement they could have asked for. Nearly 8 pages of customer testimonials..

Couldn't agree more with Mild Thunder... GET A SURVEY and check EVERYTHING when you buy a used boat.. Never rely on someone's word or reputation now matter how much you trust or respect them because there could always be things they honestly don't know about. Even if it doesn't help your negotiating position, at least you know what you're getting and can be prepared. I bought my 47 Fountain from Mike and Dan at Outer Limits. They are great guys and felt they were honest about everything with the boat, but I still did a sea trial in the middle of December and I paid a LOT of money to have my surveyor travel to Rhode Island to check every inch of that boat and it was worth every cent. Everything checked out great and the boat came the next week.

Now after all of that, when the boat gets to my marina, my mechanic texted me a picture of a hole in the hull (from a trailer bolt that broke loose) right under my starboard engine that EVERYONE missed including me and my surveyor. I had taken a few random pictures of the bilge a few days earlier and we looked at those which proved it was there before the ride but I'm absolutely certain that Dan and Mike didn't know it was there.. We ALL overlooked it.. But because I had the pictures and because they're good guys to begin with, they wrote me a check right away to cover the repair and we're all good friends. Moral of the story; it is the BUYER's responsibility to protect himself no matter what. It's YOUR money and your problem.

Last edited by HyFive578; 05-23-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
I know I should not get involved and not reply to this thread because it does not involve me, but that did not stop anyone else on here so why should it stop me.lol

I do not think the OP has any issues with the boat been 30 years old and needing some work,I have read other threads he started in the past,
I think(but maybe I am wrong) the issue the OP is having is with the engine build,I think he feels he was led to believe the engine build was done in house but when he had issues with the engines he was then informed the engine build was done by previous owner,
not sure who is right or wrong,I was not there but I do not think any of you guys were there either ,
so if you are going to bash the OP do it knowing what the issues is,,and I dont think the issue is the age of the boat,
boatnt hit it on the head. This was about who did the engines. It was never about a warranty on a 30 yr. old boat which is why I never complained about a thing until I tore the engines down.
That being said if I offended anyone sorry, Everyone on here has been a great help to me getting me through this rebuild and I thank you. but I will always speak up when I feel I have been done wrong. I will not delete the thread I posted it and will live with it.
Now time to head to the lake, everyone have a fun and safe weekend.
Chris