3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!! >

3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!!

Notices

3 Bearings, 72 hours, No Joke!!!

Old 05-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Myco ships their trailers with oil-bath hub seals but packed with regular grease. I rebuild all of my hubs the same way. All of my parts are sourced from Timken.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:35 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been running the oil bath hubs on my extreme with Lucus oil for 5 years. I change the oil often. Texas to Ca to FL to the keys 5 summers in a row. Never lost a bearing.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had a bearing issue on my first 3 boat trailers. Guess I'm due
Old 05-29-2014, 06:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s022mag
Yes, I still need that issue resolved. If the HPF sensor kicks on because of heat, wouldn't the system start back up after it cools? We tried it a day later and it went straight to HPF, thats why I think it is the sensor. Not sure where it is or how to replace it.
Back on topic.....
There are two lines coming to and from the compressor.....the round black thingy. The little one is high side, the bigger is low. Somewhere on the smaller line, you will find a service port and a bung with a sensor having only two wires. This monitors the high side pressure. When it becomes too high (heat in the condenser from lack of water cooling) and the gas expands creating a potential for compressor failure, the circuit is interrupted by the hp sensor......saving you $.

Without power removed from the control panel, then returned, the system is designed to stay in FAIL after the third attempt until a hard reset....ie......power removed, then returned. Again, a fail safe to save you $.

Remove power....shore or whatever. Give it a minute....then repower. When the unit comes on again, look for water flow.

When u report back, I can tell u where to look next.

Ok......back to hubs and stuff......
Old 05-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by commandersander
Back on topic.....
There are two lines coming to and from the compressor.....the round black thingy. The little one is high side, the bigger is low. Somewhere on the smaller line, you will find a service port and a bung with a sensor having only two wires. This monitors the high side pressure. When it becomes too high (heat in the condenser from lack of water cooling) and the gas expands creating a potential for compressor failure, the circuit is interrupted by the hp sensor......saving you $.

Without power removed from the control panel, then returned, the system is designed to stay in FAIL after the third attempt until a hard reset....ie......power removed, then returned. Again, a fail safe to save you $.

Remove power....shore or whatever. Give it a minute....then repower. When the unit comes on again, look for water flow.

When u report back, I can tell u where to look next.

Ok......back to hubs and stuff......
Awesome, thanks for the help. It will be awhile before I get her back on the water, waiting on bearings to arrive. I may limp it up the street to a small lake and work on the trailer bearings there without any load on the trailer then I'll try the AC again.

As reference I did wait a whole day with the AC breaker off and no shore power connected and when I turned it back on it went straight to HPF, only thing that came on was the fan.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome, thanks for the help. It will be awhile before I get her back on the water, waiting on bearings to arrive. I may limp it up the street to a small lake and work on the trailer bearings there without any load on the trailer then I'll try the AC again.

As reference I did wait a whole day with the AC breaker off and no shore power connected and when I turned it back on it went straight to HPF, only thing that came on was the fan.
I was with Matt, and the HPF code would come on the display as soon as the unit was put in cooling mode. It wouldn't even attempt to cycle the water pump or compressor. I'm thinking it's the switch.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered

I now have 6 brand new bearings, new seals, new grease caps and 4 out of the 6 hubs have new races as well. Other 2 looked descent. Going up to Erie this Sunday for the night lets hope all goes well.

As for the AC unit I looked all over last night and can't find a reset switch on the unit. There a covered control panel that I haven't opened yet cause I didn't have a screw driver on me. I'm going to open it tonight and see if there is something in there to reset the system. I checked the intake on the hull and there's nothing blocking the intake. I hope to avoid opening the strainer as it looks like it will be a pita.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Myco ships their trailers with oil-bath hub seals but packed with regular grease. I rebuild all of my hubs the same way. All of my parts are sourced from Timken.
Thats a great idea.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I now have 6 brand new bearings, new seals, new grease caps and 4 out of the 6 hubs have new races as well. Other 2 looked descent. Going up to Erie this Sunday for the night lets hope all goes well.

As for the AC unit I looked all over last night and can't find a reset switch on the unit. There a covered control panel that I haven't opened yet cause I didn't have a screw driver on me. I'm going to open it tonight and see if there is something in there to reset the system. I checked the intake on the hull and there's nothing blocking the intake. I hope to avoid opening the strainer as it looks like it will be a pita.
You should have changed all the races. Cleaning the strainer is step one of fixing an AC problem. Shortcuts make more work in the long run. Not busting your balls, just sharing hard learned advice.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
You should have changed all the races. Cleaning the strainer is step one of fixing an AC problem. Shortcuts make more work in the long run. Not busting your balls, just sharing hard learned advice.
I agree, but the fact the fault comes on immediately when the unit is powered up ells me it's not a clogged strainer, but rather a semsor problem. It doesn't even try to power up the pump or compressor, just instantly faults. My be is still on the HP sensor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.