LOTO MSWP Man Overboard Drowning >

LOTO MSWP Man Overboard Drowning

Notices

LOTO MSWP Man Overboard Drowning

Old 09-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
So did the kid jump to keep from taking a breathalyzer, or did he just fall out of a boat at 40 mph?
Does it really matter?? had he not been drinking in the first place he would not have been in the police boat to begin with.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I agree with you that his drinking called this set events in motion, once the officer put the man in handcuffs this person was under the protection of the state. The same as a child that was taken from parents, a emotionally disturbed person, ect. The officer failed to exercise even the most basic of protections for this man while in his custody. I am not saying this man was the victim here by his actions, but once the officer failed to exercise his duty of care the man did become the victim. This has cover up written all over it.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:59 AM
Registered

officer should resign and get a job somewhere they do mandatory training
Old 09-11-2014, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

they arrest people every weekend and transport them the same way. right or wrong should have vests on before hand cuffing. we were not there and do not know if officer felt he was unsafe . with this kid that he needed him in cuffs. stupid enough to jump from a moving boat. but doing it in hand cuffs. If he wasn't drunk I don't think he would have jumped . simple don't drink and drive anything. amazing you wont end up in hand cuffs
Old 09-11-2014, 07:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Does it really matter how or what caused this young man to be in the WP boat, the only thing after that point is "once he was handcuffed and put in custody" he was 100% the responsibility of the State of Missouri and the officer......................PERIOD.

And the officer failed miserably and cost this kid his life, I would be far worse than this Father, they would be taking me to jail, it wouldn't be pretty.

The only thing worth going to jail for, no, it's not money or stuff, it's my Family, fock with my Family something bad gonna happen.

I don't condone 'drinking and driving" a boat, a car or anything, but I get a kick out of the anti-alcohol people jumping on the band wagon here and if you don't have any children you wouldn't understand anyway.

Last edited by 314joey; 09-11-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If he jumped out of the boat, how is that the cops fault? IF he fell out of the boat obviously cops would be in the wrong. I'm just thinking if a "criminal" kicks out a back window of a cop car and jumps out is that the cops fault when he gets run over and killed?
Old 09-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
So the family probably gets a bunch of money in court from the taxpayers.

But the pigs don't get any criminal charges or jail time? The pigs then continue their revenue schemes unabated?

Pigs? Someday you'll need the "pigs". I hope that they aren't there for you in time.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Registered

Does it really matter how or what caused this young man to be in the WP boat, the only thing after that point is "once he was handcuffed and put in custody" he was 100% the responsibility of the State of Missouri and the officer......................PERIOD.

Huh???? If he jumped from the boat its on him. He was a dumb **** and the problem fixed it's self. No where is it written that an Officer is 100% responsible for a suspects actions if he is handcuffed in custody.....................PERIOD. I am also curious how many that post on topics like this have ever been involved in law enforcement?
Old 09-11-2014, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey

I don't condone 'drinking and driving" a boat, a car or anything, but I get a kick out of the anti-alcohol people jumping on the band wagon here and if you don't have any children you wouldn't understand anyway.
Im not anti-alcohol, ask anyone that knows me, When the time is right I drink llike a fish, I am about being responsible for your deliberate actions. Did the guy choose too consume an intoxicant and operate a boat impaired? vs, did the cop purposefully throw the kid out of the boat?
Old 09-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There was a case up here where a handcuffed suspect fled in handcuffs and jumped into a river and perished. Nothing happened. No lost jobs, no big payouts. Granted he was mostly surrounded by land beforehand, but the guy at LOTO was completely surrounded by a perfectly good boat. The lifejacket was a precaution, intended to prevent drowning, but not GUARANTEED to prevent drowning. People still die while wearing seatbelts, people still drown while wearing lifejackets. Coming out of a boat at 40mph while handcuffed certainly didn't help chances of survivability. Reasonable people know this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.