LOTO MSWP Man Overboard Drowning

Notices

LOTO MSWP Man Overboard Drowning

Old 09-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 422 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Does it really matter?? had he not been drinking in the first place he would not have been in the police boat to begin with.
Damned right it matters. If the kid jumped to flee the police, then case closed he shouldn't have run from the law. If he fell out of the boat from unsafe driving under the water conditions then it's on the water patrol.

All of you keyboard cowboys on here calling the authorities "pigs" can go **** yourselves! You're an embarrassment to yourself, this site, and boating in general.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36

All of you keyboard cowboys on here calling the authorities "pigs" can go **** yourselves! You're an embarrassment to yourself, this site, and boating in general.
Hopefully the next time sh!t goes south for some of these cowboys, they bypass 911 and "cowboy up", get a taste of what making life-changing, split-second judgement calls is all about, or better yet, call the neighborhood crackhead for help.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.kansascity.com/news/state...le2059495.html
Old 09-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bad news all around that article. Juries don't like authorities "in a hurry" circumventing procedure. Some will also have an aversion to doling out a settlement when the word "cocaine" comes out at trial.
And obviously, nothing will bring this guy back. Sad case.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Im not anti-alcohol, ask anyone that knows me, When the time is right I drink llike a fish, I am about being responsible for your deliberate actions. Did the guy choose too consume an intoxicant and operate a boat impaired? vs, did the cop purposefully throw the kid out of the boat?
Was he actually operating the boat? I thought I had read they were at anchor near a local watering hole? If this is the case, your suggesting that it is wrong to enjoy alcohol while anchored or docked just because you are "on" a boat? Not reasonable to assume he would not have sobered up prior to operating the boat, in the context of your argument.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 338 Likes on 133 Posts

It was under way, WP does NOT bother people when they are tied up
Old 09-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
It was under way, WP does NOT bother people when they are tied up
Even though WP claims a beer can was thrown in the water, which is what supposedly caught his attention? The article posted by Baditude, which I just read, states the WP "idled up" to suspects boat.

If he was underway, my "devils advocate" position does not hold much water.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I'm not real good with nautical terms" says the water patrol officer.......hmm mm spoken like a true professional!!
No doubt he slid the vest over the kids head and hammered down across the lake with his blues on and cape flailing in the wind.

He also admitted he was in a hurry, and has been caught lying. .......
Sad story

Last edited by scarab63; 09-11-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 SONIC
Does it really matter how or what caused this young man to be in the WP boat, the only thing after that point is "once he was handcuffed and put in custody" he was 100% the responsibility of the State of Missouri and the officer......................PERIOD.

Huh???? If he jumped from the boat its on him. He was a dumb **** and the problem fixed it's self. No where is it written that an Officer is 100% responsible for a suspects actions if he is handcuffed in custody.....................PERIOD. I am also curious how many that post on topics like this have ever been involved in law enforcement?
Disagree.
If he was burglarizing a liquor store, and fell through the ceiling rending himself unable to move; he would have been wheeled out on a stretcher by Fire & Rescue.

If the stretcher failed and collapsed (perhaps causing more injury) on the way from the liquor store to the back of the ambulance, he doesn't have a leg to stand on (literally) to sue the Fire & Rescue Department. Same goes if the Ambulance blows a tire on the way to the hospital, flips and kills the "patient" or everyone on the unit.

I too am sick and tired of hearing about victims who have first broken the law. If you don't want to this to happen to you, don't break the law.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 338 Likes on 133 Posts

The Kansas City Star is like CNN compared to Fox News, both will report the news, but they will slant it in the direction it fits their opinions.

The Kansas City Star has had a hard on about the lake for a NUMBER of years, so anything they report is always against what happens here. So be careful how much you read into anything they print. Yes, are most of the facts there? Maybe/maybe not, just depends on how they spin them and report them... I think the old verbiage heard on the radio is also great for them: We report, you decide...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.