Notices

Perko LED Trim Tab Lights

Old 06-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perko LED Trim Tab Lights

Good morning,

Wondering if anyone has these Perko LED lights for mounting on trim tabs?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...-Light&i=95416

Was thinking of buying some to mount, any plus or minus for anyone who might have them?

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Last thing I would do would be to drill a hole into my tabs let alone zip tie the electrical wiring onto the piston arm. Just doesn't seem like a good idea. While I also don't like the idea of drilling a hole in my transom, I'd do that before mounting lights this way. JMO
Old 06-13-2014, 12:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
Last thing I would do would be to drill a hole into my tabs let alone zip tie the electrical wiring onto the piston arm. Just doesn't seem like a good idea. While I also don't like the idea of drilling a hole in my transom, I'd do that before mounting lights this way. JMO
I appreciate the input crown, exactly what I thought, looks kinda sloppy the whole setup after I looked at more photos of the finished product on other boats. Thinking I may add a couple under my molded swim platform area. Love the look of em, hate the idea of drilling into transom tho!
Old 06-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Registered

Won't you still have to drill into the transom for the wires? I think those look cheesy on the trim tab. If you're going to do it you might as well's go through the transom.