Notices

Craigslist Gold!

Old 06-16-2016, 07:57 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Cool old boat , those things were cool back in the day. 6500 is a little steep, and 50 thousand is a Dream Value, ask anyone who has restored a old Magnum.
Too much to ask for sure, that coating of salt does not predict a good outcome. On the other hand you can really make that thing a sleeper. Jet drive can be internally updated and keep original look. Motor can put out 500 even with log style manifolds.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1972 CV-19 with the 455 and Berkley jet drive, bought it from the orginal owner last yr, I had been sitting inside for 10+yrs. Was only able to drive it once before the starter went out and you have to pull the motor to change it, whichs means pulling the pump apart.

I'm not sure what they are worth but I know I didn't pay even close to that much for mine
Old 06-16-2016, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 1,388 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
That is a cool old boat, said it in another thread. I wonder if there would be a market if someone started to make boats like that again but maybe use motors like the LS platform.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 759 Likes on 409 Posts

Would love to own an old Carlson. Our first family boat was a '73 16 1/2' Glastron tri-hull with a earlier 70's 140 HP Merc. No built-in fuel tank. I got to ride in the little jump seats next to the straight 6 Merc screaming in my ear and whenever we would fall off plane, I'd be "fuel boy" and have to lift the vinyl curtain in back and swap the fuel line from one of the three, six gallon red external tanks to the other and pump up the fuel bulb. Hands always stunk of 2 cycle fuel! The good old day's!
Old 06-16-2016, 10:25 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by turbom700
I have a 1972 CV-19 with the 455 and Berkley jet drive, bought it from the orginal owner last yr, I had been sitting inside for 10+yrs. Was only able to drive it once before the starter went out and you have to pull the motor to change it, whichs means pulling the pump apart.

I'm not sure what they are worth but I know I didn't pay even close to that much for mine
Should not have to pull motor, maybe remove right side exhaust manifold to get easy access, always go back with reduction gear style starter less weight and smaller so easier to service in future. Removing engine does not require any disassembly of pump. Most of the jets I have worked on engine can be out in less than an hour. Worked on 460 Fords, 455 Olds and BBC's
Old 06-16-2016, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/5625495966.html
Old 06-16-2016, 11:02 AM
Registered

.................................................. ....................

Last edited by bparsel1; 06-16-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
That is a cool old boat, said it in another thread. I wonder if there would be a market if someone started to make boats like that again but maybe use motors like the LS platform.
This boat will be getting a twin turbo LS someday in the near future. I'm learning on my pontoon first then I'll do the jet boat but turn it up more.

Originally Posted by Wobble
Should not have to pull motor, maybe remove right side exhaust manifold to get easy access, always go back with reduction gear style starter less weight and smaller so easier to service in future. Removing engine does not require any disassembly of pump. Most of the jets I have worked on engine can be out in less than an hour. Worked on 460 Fords, 455 Olds and BBC's
Interesting it sure looks like you need to pull the pumps driveshaft out in order to pull the motor. Maybe I can pull the motor forward(towards the bow) and leave the pump in place.

I can insure you that you have to pull the motor in these boats to replace the starter. The starter bolts are less then a 1/2 from the bottom of the bolt.

Plus I kinda of screwed up and I really hate to admit this but I cracked the block this winter. When I got the boat there were 3 drains 1 on each manifolds and one on the side of the block, so when I went to winterize it I opened the three drain back up took a flash light look at the other side of the block didn't see a drain anywhere so thought maybe the 455 were different and only had one drain on the block.

Well this spring I thought I would run new wire too the starter as that was easy enough before I go pulling the motor to replace the starter. Get down rest my face on the floor to replace the wires and can see two small cracks coming out the side of the block right around the freeze plugs ( I was pissed like non other). After looking a lot closer I found the other drain plug its right behind the motor mount and its a 1/8npt that one can barley see.

My plan now is to pull the motor, replace the starter, use some devcon on the block and hope to god that it didn't crack internally. We use devcon at work for port work on 2-strokes and the stuff olds up amazing I see no reason why it shouldn't here.

If it doesn't hold well I guess its getting a new motor sooner then I thought.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:07 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Motor normally has room to move forward to release pump drive, or you can unbolt driveshaft from flywheel, good luck
Old 06-16-2016, 05:17 PM
slo
Registered

Should be FREE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.