Notices

Craigslist Gold!

Old 03-19-2021, 08:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by zfrilly
Not sure if anyone is after a Sleekcraft 28, but this looks like a nice boat.

​​​​​​7277340746.html
When I buy a boat I always think about when the day comes to sell it. My concern about that would be resale. Maybe more popular in the west? Might be a tough sell in the east.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (04-18-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/boa...303900442.html
(not mine)
Old 05-20-2021, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Here is another one for the Hall of Shame. after about the 2nd picture my eyes started to hurt, by the 4th one they were bleeding. Once I saw the pic of the generator, my eyes fell out of my skull.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27480227473...e912%7Ciid%3A1

I asked why the rear facing nav lights. His response.

because its a long boat and the nav lights on the front arent visible from the rear of the boat at night due to the way theyre designed, boat has mostly been used to camp out on shore in a channel near my marina, boat sticks pretty far out in the water and having rear pointing nav lights makes it obvious theres a boat in front of them

This is a 1979 Wellcraft Scarab 377. It has staggered Mark IV 454s with all forged lowers, rectangular port GM heads, Weiand 174 superchargers with teflon strips, Barry Grant Speed Demon 950 carbs, MSD ignitions, Gil 4 inch aluminum dry exhaust with stainless pipes, Hardin shotgun silencers, Borg 72C velvet drive transmissions, and TRS drives. Each motor has a remote filter, 2 separate 12 inch inline oil coolers and stock transmission cooler.

I purchased this boat in Michigan in 2009 and spent a couple of years working on it, removing all mechanicals from it and rebuilding/reinforcing the transom which had rot in the top corners. Transom was repaired with hard wood and epoxy, then reinforced with more treated wood inside and out, lots of hardware/high grade construction adhesive/more hard wood and sprayed with epoxy. Motors were rebuilt in 2010, rear motor was done 60 over with a new SCAT steel crank, forward motor 40 over with a 10 over GM forged steel crank. Both have forged Probe blower pistons and Eagle rods, ARP studs, resurfaced heads, new lifters, pushrods, roller-rocker arms, and only have about 50 hrs of use since rebuild (lots of people selling boats say stuff like this, I've included a picture of the power sitting outside the boat - ignore the Edelbrock carbs pls, changed over to BG carbs after that photo). Motors have never been operated above 3000 rpm since rebuild. Drives were inspected and resealed by Merlin in Atlanta in 2015. In 2011 I painted and clearcoated the boat and fabricated an interior for it. Also included in the sale is a 3500 watt gas generator that takes fuel from the main tank and exhausts out the back, a battery charger, 2 spare TRS drives (left and right) an unbored Mark IV 454 block that needs a sleeve, other assorted spare hydraulics, a new tarp that will last 5 years or so and a frame to support it over the cockpit. 2 sets of stainless 4 blade props are included (24p and 26p X 14 Rubex) A 3 axle steel 50 foot trailer is included that has newish bearings, 4 new wheels/tires and 2 newish wheels/tires and 3 or 4 good spares, trailer needs rewiring for lights and brakes which I will do after someone buys it and makes a deposit. Boat has multiple amps/speakers/powered subs/a sub controller and 4 brand new marine batteries. Boat has a walk-in cabin (if you're 5'6" or shorter) but decent headroom for this type of boat, with portable toilet and sink (sink has never been connected).

Things to know before considering bidding/buying:
- This is a 42 year old boat with a 10 year old paint job and a fully fabricated interior, it is not professionally done and all of this shows up close. I have tried to provide the best possible pictures as well as figuring this into the asking price, but bottom line is I will require a 2000 dollar deposit by wire transfer within 48 hrs of agreement to purchase, refundable for most any good reason EXCEPT you saying you don't like the way it looks when you come to pick it up. If you have a problem with this don't bid.
- Due to a hand injury I currently have the boat is being sold as-is, where-is, which means I won't be putting this boat into the water for anyone prior to selling it, I will be happy to assist a purchaser in doing so at my ramp after the sale and walk them through everything they want to know about it, but not prior to getting paid. I will run the motors with a hose in my driveway at the time of sale prior to payment. If you have a problem with this don't bid.
- The generator wouldn't start the last time I tried to start it, it will probably need a carb-cleaning and definitely a new starter cord, but I don't think there's anything else wrong with it (has a newish voltage regulator and fairly low hours).
- The K-planes are not hooked up, they aren't appropriate for lake use anyway.
- Recently the forward motor doesn't want to prime with lake water without pulling a freeze plug from one of its oil coolers prior to starting, haven't figured this out but it takes 5 minutes to work around, will go over it with the buyer.
- The blowers, carbs, exhaust and trailer could probably be sold individually for more than the starting bid.
- I will sell this boat to anyone with the money to pay for it, but this probably isn't a good boat for someone with little or no previous experience.
- An F250 class truck is required to tow this boat (weighs 11500 or so with trailer), using a 1500 type vehicle is very much not recommended.
- Please no lowball offers, trades, drama or sad stories, if you don't really want to buy pls don't bid.
- For questions use the contact seller button, I will respond with a phone number to be used at a prearranged time to answer any questions. Boat is located in Westminster SC (I-85 Exit 1 in SC on the SC/GA state line). Boat is for sale locally and I may end the auction at any time. Thanks for looking.

professionally installed generator

more stickers

The wood used on the transom is worth more than the boat.

Pool ladder and platform longer than an Olympic dive platform

custom generator exhaust

Painted with a smooth nap roler

Stickers add 100 horsepower

OH MY EYES!!!!!!

disco city

The stabbin cabin- where the owner needs to be brutally stabbed and left to bleed out. You wouldn't even notice the blood on the wine colored carpet.

Nice fire traps on top of the carbs

The following 2 users liked this post by phughes69:
IGetWet (05-20-2021), rak rua (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 1,462 Likes on 814 Posts

WOW,,,, I would just like to meet that dude, it would have to be a experience in itself.
The following 4 users liked this post by Wildman_grafix:
1BIGJIM (05-20-2021), Lee (06-15-2021), rak rua (05-20-2021), tommymonza (06-06-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta be colour blind.
Old 05-20-2021, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

Ok....I get the colors are, how you say, Gawdy! BUT, did ya take a close look at the transom and rear corners? WTF??? BRAGGED he used treated wood INSIDE and OUT!!! Frankenstein is going "Dude, that's too much cobbling together!"
Then the exhaust? (Swim platform is self-explanatory) VENTS on each side of the bow? a full-size battery charger MOUNTED in the boat? I would have insured it and sank it before I let anyone know I owned THAT!
jekyl (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 509 Likes on 231 Posts

That’s a lot to take in.
pullmytrigger (06-03-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 583 Likes on 295 Posts

Im totally digging it! Bout ready to get my freak on!!!

Old 05-20-2021, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 509 Likes on 231 Posts

I would love to go look at this thing in person,I don’t think the pictures do it justice.
The following 2 users liked this post by Craney:
CDShack (05-21-2021), jekyl (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts

The transom is a form of art work, just not sure what form.
The following 2 users liked this post by zfrilly:
jekyl (05-20-2021), tommymonza (06-06-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.