Blister Boy & Donzi...finally resolved! >

Blister Boy & Donzi...finally resolved!

Notices

Blister Boy & Donzi...finally resolved!

Old 08-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many great views, Chris I wish you the best, I know we have shared posts in the past, some good, some not so good.

One guy emailed me and said you are in another legal battle with Honda over a generator, a fire or something? What happened?

Good luck selling your boat, with your website running it might be a challenge, and I personally wouldn't recommend it to anyone here, too much history.

Bryan
Old 08-25-2002, 04:21 PM
Greg Mc

Some people just don't belong behing the wheel of a boat and I think this guy is one of them. I for one am glad to see that he is selling his boat and getting on with his life, we are all better off for it. I've had my Classic Donzi for over 20 yrs. and still love it.

Old 08-25-2002, 05:34 PM
Registered

It is good to see that some people get it.

I’ll happily admit I'm picky (I repeatedly tried to drill that into Donzi's head). Come to think of it, that was the reason I bought a Donzi in the first place. I wanted a Donzi all my teenage and adult life and when I found one in the size I wanted at the price I wanted to pay - I bought it. Sure, at the time I could have bought a non-demo, brand new 1999 22 ZX for a couple thousand more but the cabin was way to small for me (I'm 6'-6"). Maybe at the time I was a little naïve, but I felt protected by the fact that I was extended a full (Donzi) warranty (1 year) and a 5 year Mercury warranty on the engine and drive.

The blister problem showed itself 6 months after I bought it (that's over 3 years ago) and I have been fighting with Donzi over it ever since. They did take my boat back to repair it (not my choice but I felt they did deserve the chance) and now the blisters are gone (from the exterior).

Let's try this: Imagine buying a demo car from an authorized dealer with a warranty (not uncommon). Let's say that the paint started to flake off the quarter panels in the first 6 months. After some warranty haggling (in my case, 2-1/2 years) they take it back to repair it. It is finally returned (let's say as in my case, 7 months overdue). Ignoring the fact that you had to pay for a rental car during that time and a car payment (I was paying for an empty slip at the marina and my boat payment) when you see the car, the paint is no longer flaking off but the quarter panels do not match the color of the rest of the car. Additionally, there are a couple of areas that are missing paint, the gauges on the dashboard are faded and yellowed, there is paint overspray all over the interior, all the lettering on the dash has been sanded off and there is a dent in the quarter panel (among a few more things).

How would you feel?

Later, they fix the unpainted areas and the dent but turn their nose up at the interior issues. Additionally, when you negotiated the repair, you were told that there is a warranty on the paint (because you were armed with the knowledge about failed paint repairs). Then, after delivery they re-nig on the fact that the paint repair would not be warranted.

Again, how would you feel?

I realize that the marine industry and the automotive industry are not created equal (and for the life of me I can't figure out why other than there are automotive lemon laws), but I have racked my brain many, many nights and I cannot imagine a scenario where this kind of customer service is acceptable.

I just don't get how us consumers let companies in the marine industry get away with this kind of behavior. Case in point, there are many examples of customer service issues you can find all over this board.

But then again, I’m picky.

-Chris

Bryan, subtle way to try and stir it up - NOT. I can say that I do not have nor have I ever owned a Honda generator (or any other generator for that matter). Additionally, I have never lost anything in a fire, sued or been sued. I actually take pride in the fact that I never have had to resort to those means. Your information is incorrect.

Buy the way, somebody sent me an e-mail that said you were gay. Is that true? I'm not, but whatever works for you.
Old 08-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Chris, you ain't right! LOL
Not gay here, hell I have no blisters! On my dick! Or my boat.
BUT, good come back points awarded! LOL
Not trying to stir up anything, believe me, I could care less about you personally, but I do care about the Donzi issue.
You seem to me a "needle in a haystack."
Glad to hear there is no generator story...

I got to give you credit though, you get the attention you seek.
And I was polite on our board in regards to your deal.

http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimat...c;f=1;t=005278

I will ask, are you involved with any other legal battles?
Be honest, I have heard of a few and never posted any data, so you tell us...
Your Donzi pal....
Bryan

Time for more 1800 I believe! LOL

Last edited by Bryan Tuvell; 08-25-2002 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2002, 07:02 PM
Registered

Bryan,

Actually, I would prefer living life in utter anonymity. I usually visit this board daily but look at the number of times I've posted - not many.

I happen to be a very honest person, and to the best of my knowledge I've never posted anything that was untrue. So, to answer your question - I can unequivocally say NO, I'm not involved in any other legal battles. Additionally, I have not been involved in ANY legal battles in the past. I would think that information would be publicly available if I were. Somebody must have me confused with somebody else.

You ARE polite in that thread on the Registry. What happened to the old Bryan? Old age must be getting to you (as it is me).

I also know you love your Donzi. Believe it or not, I greatly respect that. I don't think I ever said I didn't love mine.

Drink one for me!
-Chris

Last edited by chrker; 08-25-2002 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2002, 08:18 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Chris.
Not dogging on ya man. Everything in life is Fun for us.... OSO included.
And yes I am getting old getting old....

Good luck.
Bryan
Old 08-26-2002, 03:29 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by chrker

Buy the way, somebody sent me an e-mail that said you were gay. Is that true? I'm not, but whatever works for you.

LMFAO!!

Now THATS funny!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-26-2002, 07:03 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Thanks Bill.....
I owe ya one! LOL
Bryan
Old 08-26-2002, 07:19 PM

Hey Bryan Oh Oh!! Were dod your kids come from? hehe
LMAO
Old 08-26-2002, 07:31 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Frank.....
Thank goodness I have friends like you and Bill...
I am grateful, oh and for my wife too.....
Gonna jump into some other boat manufacture threads soon!
Kidding!

I heard the Donzi ran great on the 1000 island run.
We'll talk soon.
Bryan

Quick Reply: Blister Boy & Donzi...finally resolved!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.