Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Blow off the Bass Fisherman Bummers >

Blow off the Bass Fisherman Bummers

Notices

Blow off the Bass Fisherman Bummers

Old 07-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While we are on the topic of annoying things on the water, the little nats known as jet skis, seadoos ect. When those things came out, I remember the lake going to **** quickly. I remember getting into it one time with one who thought it would be fun to jump the wake of our ski boat WITH ME SKIING BEHIND IT. And then the damn mouth breather looked at me with a puzzled look on his face on why I was yelling at him. I mean I literally could have turned around and touched the guy he was so close to me. Bottom line, there are a lot of disrespectful and unsafe people on the water and I try to steer FAR away from them.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

After years of launching and retrieving the boat with my brother, we have a pretty good system that allows us to be loaded and unloaded in a total of about 30 seconds at the ramp. We never tie up the boat on the dock, either launch with someone in the boat and put around till the truck is parked and we we haul out, one of us gets dropped on the dock and wait in the lake for the trailer. What I do not understand is why these guys who have two people with them a lot of the time, feel it is necessary to park on the dock for 15 minutes waiting for their friend with the truck. Get in and get out already, stop screwing around. Even worse is when they decide to pull to the top of the ramp, but not off the ramp to unload all their crap from the boat. I wish we had ramp attendants around my parts to regulate people.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Thank goodness for a boat lift. Also very quiet ramps.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't boat if I had to trailer and deal with the ramp everytime. Twice a year is enough for me.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Registered

at our local ramp, its split with a dock down the middle, plenty of room... unless the natives are completely blocking everything to reload crab pots on their boats while tying up the dock and the ramps... no one moves for over an hour and the marina crew just sits there, because there is nothing that can be done. tell them to move, no avail, call the cops, the cops wont even talk to them....
we just go grab a slip and wait..... then the marina has the gall to come tell us pay up for the slip.... that conversation gets interesting....
Old 07-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Registered

I was at Glendo reservoir in Wyoming a couple summers ago while there was a fishing tourney going on. 99% of the guys couldn't have been nicer. The rest of the people staying at our little motel were there for the tourney and we all became beer buddies in the evening. There was one ahole though just like described. They had to sign in at the dock we were slipped at and this idiot would roar in and out of the cove (posted no wake and only about 100 yards long). Fortunately he never hit anyone or swamped a small boat.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

These are the reasons when people say I will hate the long idle out of my cannel before I get on plane that I say nothing compared to trailering and dealing with jake wads at the ramp.

At least I am in the boat.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Atleast they are the same everywhere.

The ones where I go are actually pretty fast loading/unloading for the most part....its the fact that they dont realize if you want to screw around for 10 minutes after loading it to GO PARK IN A PARKING SPOT AND NOT BLOCK THE RAMP SO OTHER PEOPLE CAN LOAD THEIR BOAT.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We live waterfront on Lake Conroe and watch these guys blast by all night long.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/...ed_in_boat_cra

http://montgomerycountypolicereporte...7/DSC02532.jpg

http://montgomerycountypolicereporte...-claims-lives/

Last edited by On Time; 07-15-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

This has nothing to do with jerks at a boat launch but the funniest bass boat I have ever seen was an Amish family pulling a tricked out Bass Boat (Ranger) I think it had every option in the world - maybe even GPS -- with a horse and buggy -- don't ask me to explain-cause I don't know - why they would allow a gas engine boat but not a car.

3pointstar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.