Blow off the Bass Fisherman Bummers

Old 07-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

07/14/2014

0 Comments

You might be thinking, “What a weird title?” but trust me it’s fitting. We headed to the lake this past Sunday and we tried to time it before the bass tournament weigh in (there’s one every weekend) and just our luck there’s two separate tournaments! We are easy going people, patient at the ramps, after all boating is our down time our time to relax and blow off some steam. As we entered the ramp a group of bass fishermen we gathered to the left weighing in and one was pulling their boat out of the water. The hubby was next to put in all of the sudden this guy (bass fisherman guy) backs quickly from the parking lot and totally cuts my husband off and backs down the ramp! His fellow bass fishermen were there to stand in the way so he could be sure to cut us off. Not nice, but not surprising, then as he drives his boat up onto the trailer and yells for his buddy to pull it up the ramp the tires just spin. Because in his rush to rudely cut us off he didn’t pull the boat up far enough nor secure the boat to the trailer. Being the noble bass fisherman he then blamed the driver telling him to find a dry spot on the ramp. A dry spot on the ramp I’m guessing the bass fisherman may not realize that ramps are seldom dry when boats are being pulled out. I yelled up to the hubby, “Hold on be patience”, the bass fisherman replied, “Patience my @$%!” Ah, you have love this all American breed of man because they are twofold rude and disrespectful to women. Yeah I said it. Look this has been my experience I’m sure there’s a nice bass fisherman out there we just haven’t met him. I explained to the rude profanity using bass fisherman I was not speaking to him rather my husband in the car. He then ranted on some more profanity my direction with my nine year old son standing by. His friends then came to his rescue and stood on the trailer so it could be driven up the ramp.

I realize they’re kind of one for all and all for one kind of group. I know they feel as though they own the lake and can go ripping a crossed fifty miles an hour no matter who has the right of way. They never respond if you give a wave by or smile. They have business to do all that catching of the biggest fish. I have not formed my opinion on this one incident there has been many each one playing out similar to this one.

I’ve just always figured they were tired from getting up so early, perhaps hungry and hot from being so fully dressed while out on a boat. Maybe it’s because we have a go fast boat that is loud and no conducive to making the fish jump on to hooks and we make a big wake too.

I’ve got no hate for the bass fisherman just don’t be so rude and carry a big chip on shoulder. I say relax give a wave and a smile, take off your shirt and feel that golden sun, sleep in every now and then and don’t take life so seriously.

Mr. Bass fisherman understand this we love the lake, we’ll wait to get in, it’s our happy place. We’ll consider the source when it comes to potty language and over look that your band of brothers that help you in your rudeness to fellow boaters. We power boaters are able to blow off the bass fisherman bummers and enjoy our day. I’m sure some bass fisherman may take offense to my comments and to that I say don’t tell me I’m wrong show me.

Last edited by Griff; 07-15-2014 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Stop linking your website blog on OSO. Future posts with the link will be deleted.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

Just remember, fishing without drinking would be like UM, HUNTING without drinking LOL. I dont fish ever and try to keep the peace with everyone but not always easy, Smitty
Old 07-14-2014, 11:47 PM
Registered

Your husband should have kicked their Bass for the profanities in front of your kid.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Banned

When out on the water we as a family try to have a great day and great attitude toward all boaters but every now and then we have some people trying get under our skin before we ever get down the ramp. Once on the water cruising, wind in the face, hearing to loud exhaust we come back to our happy place.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amusing tale. Sorry about the boozed up knuckleheads, they're everywhere.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:39 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

well everyone has a story as the Bass people do as well. Anyways in my day we use to work on about 150 bass boats per year, It was painful at times because they would call 3 times day is my boat done yet and how much are we at on the bill.

Then they tell you 100 times about the Bass tourney they have to go to and wanting their boat the next day. Then they come by about twice a day to pester you by asking is my boat done yet, then they follow you all over the boat yard telling fishing stories how the big one got away.

Then they ask you about the bill again even knowing their boat is not done yet, When you tell them a ballpark price on the bill, then they complain about that but are friendly about it because they need their boat to run correctly but really never wanted to spend any money getting it fixed correctly. They always have a question about how to fix this and that on top of with their boat.

Then when it is time for them to really pick their boat up, they come in 2 hours early, before its ready and tell you more stories about how much they really hate sportboats running all over their fishing land. it was very very painful dealing with most of them and their spit cups. they really hate sportboats & sportboaters while they are fishing - I heard that about a million times. They really would get somewhat mad about if you even mentioned the word "Baja" or "Donzi" or " Cigarette boat". End of story and I do not work on outboards anymore. Thank whomever.

Last edited by BUP; 07-15-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:17 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Many years ago, I was pulling into my marina to hop back on the trailer, imperfectly timed at the end of a Fishing Tournament. The whole end of the State Park was packed with trucks/trailers, and boats were milling everywhere. I came in kind of hot (26' Sonic & loud with a 500EFI), stopped in the middle of everyone, climbed on the bow of my boat, and shouted: "This is a my new boat, and I have NO idea what I am doing."

You should have seen them scatter out of my way.

I came in, cleated off, slapped it on the trailer and was out of there before they knew they were duped. Only one guy in the parking lot caught me and said "that was pretty awesome."
I have not had to use that one again, but I have it in my pocket if so.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^^^^^^ If you're at a state park, yelling "free candy" as you approach the dock usually works. Bass boaters have an aversion to fat chicks due to the low gunnels. I'm told its why they never have their wives along.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I am thinking PT109...
Old 07-15-2014, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

My local ramp is wide and can fit 3 easily maybe 4 experienced guys at once. I love it when one bass boat takes up the whole ramp. Then they get mad at you for commenting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.