Commentary: Center Console Futures

Notices

Commentary: Center Console Futures

Old 09-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by low_psi
Were you out by turn 3 yesterday on the Detroit River? If so I saw your boat as we were heading out of the wet pita for race 3. Good looking boat!
Yep, that was us. Thanks, I think I seen you. We were next to the Customs boat.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta hand it to Concept on the paint dept. some of the best looking boats out there IMO
Old 09-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phil_p999
Yep, that was us. Thanks, I think I seen you. We were next to the Customs boat.
We actually had 2 Concept 30s as Patrol Boats yesterday. Mine the White, Green and Blue and Showtime83 (Matt) with the White and Multi Colored Graphic.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 552 Posts

I'm just going to leave these here.

Active Thunder Offshore Fishing Team

Old 09-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 242 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Just to bring this conversation full circle........Don Aronow would be 87 years old now, he most likely would be enjoying a center console like his long time friend George Bush (age 90), 38 Fountain CC named Fidelity.
Actually, he was working on plans for a much bigger Go Fast boat, think Magnum style. That may still come to a reality .......I know there have been some conversations with the family for a well known builder to modernize his ideas a bit and then produce it.

If it happens, it will be just another Aronow surprise for the boating world, like Formula, Donzi, Magnum, Cary, Cigarette, Squadron XII, and USA Racing were. The man was always thinking ahead of everyone else for sure.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:51 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

It has been said, OUTERLIMITS will see that the project Mike was working will come to market .
I was as the factory yesterday and the hull plug is near completion.
I look forward to the performance of this new boat as I believe it will live up to the OUTERLIMITS standards of performance.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant believe some of the bickering about this. Fiberglass Pontoons? Seating for skanks...and other farm animals. I/O's, clip-ons, I'm Xkts faster than you....Really?

Love mine...does many things well. Practical, easy to trailer, insure, clean, maintain. Plus, the walk to get to the anchor doesnt involve stepping thru windshields, cabin hatches, or a slippery deck. Not a bad thing for some, but us old, broken bodied people appreciate.
The "No upholstery except for bean bags" approach is workin out better than awesome. Throw the BB's in the console, hose'er off, (self bailing)..done. Boat was in the water all week in Va, not 1) drop of water was in bilge when I pulled her out. Did I say easy to maintain?

Originally Posted by low_psi
Just because you have seating for 10, doesn't mean you have to put 10 people on board. Most of the time its myself, my wife, my daughter and one or both of my beagles. Occasionally we will take another couple out with us. It doesn't matter if I have 1 or 10 people on my boat, the first one that uses a grab rail to pop the top off of their beer is the first one to get thrown overboard... Not sure how many CCs you've seen or what the water cops have where you boat, but I don't think anyone has ever mistaken my boat for the sheriff or Coast Guard....
/\ Agreed. Same situation here family-wise. Love having my Yellow Lab out with us (most of the time). Last line is funny...combination of my boat & S/T T-shirt had a CG AUX Capt thinking I was Sea/Tow last week.

Nice boat, Low Psi.

Sorry to interrupt....carry on.