Notices

22' pachanga

Old 07-30-2014, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22' pachanga

Going to look at a 1988 searay pachanga with a 5.7 any problem areas to look for.
On one post I read look to make sure the balsa core is not rotten but that is about all I could find.

Last edited by 65tiger; 07-30-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:28 AM
Registered

Found more info on the 22 pachanga ready to go look going to look at a 21 mirage as well hope they both look as good in person
Old 07-30-2014, 05:24 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Very impressive little boats. I've owned 2 of them, big block & small block. We've had our 350 Mag powered 22P for 12 yrs now. We like it for the cooler days/nights as the windshield works very well. A bit hot on warm days. Our dog loves the Pachanga more than anything!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice looking and well laid out boats but definitely don't buy (any boat) without a sea trial. I've never owned one but I have a friend in the marine industry who has done bottom work on a few 22's. I'm not sure of the years affected but from what I recall some hulls had excessive hook that caused handling issues, specifically I believe severe porpoising at higher speeds. Some 22's may have trim tabs installed to address the issue (but that's not the solution). I'm sure someone with more direct knowledge can lend better info but I saw one of these boats first hand having the hook worked on. Many manufacturers design hulls with hook (or rocker) but apparently some of the 22's had too much. Avoid any older boat stored on roller trailers too. An aggressive sea trial will tell all. Good luck
Old 07-30-2014, 11:34 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info a sea trial is a must for me not only for the boat & drive train but how the owner handles the boat.