Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT - Might be time to sell my 2000 Pontiac Formula.  What to get? >

OT - Might be time to sell my 2000 Pontiac Formula. What to get?

Notices

OT - Might be time to sell my 2000 Pontiac Formula. What to get?

Old 08-26-2002, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Detroit!!

Support your local American car Co.

Don't buy a rice burner!

You did not include a Bonnevielle SSEI on the list.

Drive one and I think you will be amazed, plus the Pontaic dealer can roll the financing over via GMAC and you WILL get the best trade in.

Wannabe in Motor City
Old 08-26-2002, 11:11 AM
BEACH PARTY / HOLLOWPOINT
Platinum Member

Received 1,332 Likes on 746 Posts

Anyone know anything about the Lincoln LS Sport V8? I've seen them one to two years used with low mileage going in the mid $20's. Not quite a BMW but damn close for the money. The Jag S-Type I believe shares the same platform. I've never owned a Ford product though, and I am worried about quality. But in terms of this car I don't it fits within the standard relm of Ford automobiles. I REALLY like this car.. at least from seeing it around and on the internet.

My father-in-law has a 2000 TL (not the Type S) that is very nice, but it to me it comes off as rather plain. It rides excellently and will definitely get down the road, but its looks don't do anything for me.

Cadillac... now that's a car. The STS is a now a World Class car, and I'd love to have one. Everyone else seems to think so as well (there are a lot of them around here). I'd have to drive one to see what it's like (haven't sat in any of the new ones).

I don't really care to much for the CTS. It just looks a bit strange to me PLUS it's not even a year old yet. I'd like to see it in a couple years.

The Bonneville doesn't do anything for me. I liked the previous generation much more than this one. This one looks a little too wild for my tastes. As far as GM is concerned I think the Vette and a Cadillac are the only cars I would consider.

Ahhhh... decisions.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:38 AM
hirschy77

Default car

just sold my black bmw 540i 6 speed, never thought i would miss a car so much!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2002, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Throw some dough on a new Deville.. all black... rip off all the chrome, black out the windows and add a tastful pinstripe and if you like slam that bitooooch on the ground

Travis

" if the doors ain't draggin don't be braggin"
Old 08-26-2002, 12:28 PM
Registered

Look into a Chrysler 300M. 1999 Motor Trend car of the year. 252 horsepower. Plenty of room. They come pretty well loaded with leather, etc. All for around $30K. Not bad... Good Luck.
Old 08-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I've never owned a Ford product though, and I am worried about quality."
I hope this doesn't start the age-old Ford - Chevy debate on your thread. If it does, I apologize in advance. Anyway, my opinion is that if you were happy with the quality on your Firebird, you'll be thrilled with the quality on a Ford.
I went from a Yukon to an Excursion, and IMHO, they aren't even close. The Ex is just worlds better.
That said, I wouldn't compare the quality of either one to the Acura or BMW - not in the same league.
Old 08-26-2002, 12:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

We have a 528 and love it. While it's not as quick as a 540, my wife doesn't need the extra power We'd probably go to a 530 or 540 if we had to get a new car. Only wish they had better cup holders.

We drove a Lincoln LS for a day as a loaner while the car was in for maintenance. The Lincoln has a loooooooonnnng way to go to imitate the Bimmer. And it's not a very roomy car.

My cousin had one and just got a new one, but he's single, too

Now, I heard from someone that bought an Acura they didn't want to deal off sticker. I'm not sure if that's true or he's not a good negotiator, but I wouldn't buy one simply based on that alone. I want to know I'm getting a lil' sumpin' off the top.

Mark
Old 08-26-2002, 01:11 PM
Curt

How about a Vette with a U-Haul trailer for the kids?

Old 08-26-2002, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Curt
How about a Vette with a U-Haul trailer for the kids?
I think Curt is on to something. Check out this site: http://www.narma.org/corvette/
Old 08-26-2002, 03:57 PM
CRUBOSS

how about a brand new 2003 harley davidson 100 th anv. road king classic. ?????

Quick Reply: OT - Might be time to sell my 2000 Pontiac Formula. What to get?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.