Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Eddie Young - A class act!! >

Eddie Young - A class act!!

Notices

Eddie Young - A class act!!

Old 08-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Just came across this thread.... it is understated. Eddie Will go out of the way to help you chase down someone else's wiring fantasy and then won't accept any form of payment. He's a great guy and an asset to this site and sport.

Last edited by PigNaPoke; 08-18-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Thank you, Neil, for taking the time out of your busy day to type this. It really means a ton to me. I'm glad to help whenever I can. I spoke with your mechanic for about 30 minutes on Saturday and I think we got it figured out. I sent him a few links for parts for the build. I also told him to call me anytime if he has any questions. You do the same. Thanks again.

Thank you everyone else for the kind words. I really, really appreciated it. I'm always glad to help someone that needs it. That's what this site was all about. Not the drama filled nonsense. I wish it was still like it used to be, but I guess all things change. The sad fact is that drama is what draws a crowd and interests people. All you have to do is simply look at the drama filled threads and the number of views they have. That tells the whole story. Whereas a thread with someone looking for advice or help only has a hand full of views and even less responses. The guys that help know who they are....SB, Haxby, FIXX Mike T, Mild Thunder, etc. These are the guys that make this site what it is. They deserve a bunch of the praise.
Eddie
The fact that you mentioned my name means alot, esp coming from a guy of your caliber. I've had local buddies that see me post, say "why do you even bother". Truth is, I love this stuff, and love helping a guy out. I just try to pass along info I have gathered from guys like you, mark rinda, alex, Bob M, Dean Gellner, Laz Mesa, and a bunch of others who all contributed for the good at one time or another here on oso. I learned a long time ago, to forget what you hear at the bar when it comes to what to do with these boats. There was, and still is some great info on here.

Eddie, you were a huge help to me a few years back when I was building my engines. There were several things along the way that I was unsure of, and wanted that second opinion. You always came thru, steering me in the right direction. When my head was spinning, all it took was one email, or one phone call, and you talked me right off the cliff!

I still have not got a chance to shake your hand in person, but I promise that day will come. Thanks again Buddy. Hope all is well, and have fun at the shootout! Be safe.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fact the matter is there's some people on here that if you see that they have posted you just want to see what they have to say, no matter the topic, Eddie is certainly one!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, you're pretty damn helpful too!

Eddie was one of my first calls when my 502 went south, unfortunately the timing just didn't work out.