Blower motors: carb vs fuel injection >

Blower motors: carb vs fuel injection

Notices

Blower motors: carb vs fuel injection

Old 09-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Blower motors: carb vs fuel injection

I'm getting ready to start collecting some pieces to go to a big blower setup on my motor. Just curious why more guys with these big 800-1200 horse roots blower motors don't go to EFI. They have a ton of money in them so what's to stop them . I'm looking at running the Holley HP efi with 8 injectors in a spacer above the blower on fuel rails with a single 2100 cfm 4500 style throttle body. Anyone ever had luck with that type of setup vs actual port injection on the lower intake runners
Old 09-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Also is it worth it? Any reliability to be gained? Power? Fuel economy, better tuneability. Less adjusting carbs and better drivability?
Old 09-27-2014, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts
Default Efi =

for most of us X2
Old 09-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 453 Likes on 174 Posts

If I can get someone to make a generous donation to the deeps blower motor fund I will surely run fuel injection ! Carbs = Power to the poor less fortunate.....
Old 09-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deep I will donate new shirts if you can build the new motor. That would be a nice setup for you Warlock
Old 09-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Cost vs reward. I have blown carb deals. Would i like to convert to EFI? Sure. But for now, my engines start, run, idle, and do everything "fine". No plug fouling, no black transom, and a steady fuel curve on my wideband. Going to EFI, would probably not gain me power, they would offer a little more safety, although I havent hurt an engine with my tune since the engines were built 3 summers ago. They would eliminate me from having to pump the throttles twice before turning the key, at the launch ramp coming off the trailer. For a broke azz like me, I dont wanna spend 10-12k just for EFI on my twin engine setup. I'd rather spend that elsewhere on the boat.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:30 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 453 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Deep I will donate new shirts if you can build the new motor. That would be a nice setup for you Warlock
Oh it's gonna happen Artie , just gotta clear out some more important work first . Been gathering info and parts along with talking to Bob M. .
Old 09-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

My neighbor has a 37 outerlimits with twin Keith Eickert motors that started life around 650 and are now around 850 with big blowers, chillers, and EFI (older FAST system if I remember correctly.) The motors still blower roll like crazy, stall occasionally, and don't seem to run any better than carb motors. The boat goes like a bastard, 113 on GPS, but I am not seeing where the benefit of EFI is on these motors, and I am a big fan of EFI myself.

Now, if it was a multiport system instead of a TBI system, it would be a different animal. But doing that would require different blowers as these depend on fuel for cooling and lubrication. I think in his case well tuned carbs would run exactly the same.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If your going to take advantage of the efi do 16 injectors 8 in the top rest in the ports. you can get even distribution to all cylinders. Another advantage is the timing at idle, iac for the idle in out of gear. Only going to work as good as the guy tuning it!
Old 09-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I can fix my carbs if there is a problem, however never had a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.