Notices

Best big sit down vee

Old 10-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a 38 zrc with 1075's and 6's on the powerboat swap shop on Facebook. I think it's located at LOTO. I think engines have 20 hrs since being rebuilt by Carson Brummet.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Donzi 38 ZrComp - 525-700hp: With 700hp the boat will run 115 all day and you will not find a better balanced or handling V bottom boat. True 38' running surface.

Outerlimits 42 GTX - 1000hp & #6: Gives you 120mph with the heavy duty #6 hardware and the softer ride of a non epoxy boat. True 42' Running surface

Outerlimits SV Series - fastest sit downs made, great boats but the epoxy makes them very rigid and you feel it in the ride. This is just my opinion

Cigarette Gladiator - Great boat, rock solid to 100mph, perfect 525 boat. Almost 37' running surface.

Cigarette Maximus - huge sit down at 45', need lots of power, wave crusher. True 45' running surface

Fountain Poker Run - Great running boat but I am unfamiliar with their ride and handling. Roughly 38' running surface.

Thats a solid list!!!!! As i said before the gladiator catches my eye everytime i look at picture of one, nerver seen in person. That being said when im looking in the classified and prices you can get a hell of a boat for $200k. Realistically will probably be on a lift and taken for runs between capemay-ac. This will be accompling the 370ss which is the primary load up stay out all day in the sun. So really an offshore beast 43'+ might put that ear to ear grin im looking for
Old 10-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Registered

If you want to compare any sit down boats you HAVE to spend a little time in a few of them. Most of the opinions that have been stated are from members that do not have experience in a fast sit down boat. ( exception Danny at OL) but Danny's opinion is obviously 1 sided .
The 36 gladiator is a very nice boat and decently fast with mild power but they are ill handling at high speeds
43 Outerlimits is a stunning work of art but it has it's down side also, very rough ride , poor visabilty with tinted shield and difficult around the docks if it's a canopy boat or if there isn't a rub rail. Very fast with mild power
It's a 40' boat without the bussel. I don't know why people acually mention that because the bussel does add 3 feet to the boat . It's not a bolt on swim platform
42 fountain poker run is the fastest( with the same power)and softest ride. It really rides incredable in any water. It's 42' LONG over all , but for the anti fountain guys it measures 40' without the bussel, again not a swim platform but a bussel. The down side to the fountain would be that it's only 4 seats, NO cabin at all, very few creature comforts and the quality of the details are lacking. The 42 PR is a race boat with 2 extra seats and a stereo lol
The Donzi is another very nice boat but not comparable to the first 3 . Just take it in the ocean a few times and then you will understand. It's like the Monty Carlo SS of the mid 80's, it looks good it's built ok but it really didn't get the respect from the other muscle cars of the day because it didn't deserve it. Lol
Well that's my opinion , all boats have there good points and bad.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billy boats
If you want to compare any sit down boats you HAVE to spend a little time in a few of them. Most of the opinions that have been stated are from members that do not have experience in a fast sit down boat. ( exception Danny at OL) but Danny's opinion is obviously 1 sided .
The 36 gladiator is a very nice boat and decently fast with mild power but they are ill handling at high speeds
43 Outerlimits is a stunning work of art but it has it's down side also, very rough ride , poor visabilty with tinted shield and difficult around the docks if it's a canopy boat or if there isn't a rub rail. Very fast with mild power
It's a 40' boat without the bussel. I don't know why people acually mention that because the bussel does add 3 feet to the boat . It's not a bolt on swim platform
42 fountain poker run is the fastest( with the same power)and softest ride. It really rides incredable in any water. It's 42' LONG over all , but for the anti fountain guys it measures 40' without the bussel, again not a swim platform but a bussel. The down side to the fountain would be that it's only 4 seats, NO cabin at all, very few creature comforts and the quality of the details are lacking. The 42 PR is a race boat with 2 extra seats and a stereo lol
The Donzi is another very nice boat but not comparable to the first 3 . Just take it in the ocean a few times and then you will understand. It's like the Monty Carlo SS of the mid 80's, it looks good it's built ok but it really didn't get the respect from the other muscle cars of the day because it didn't deserve it. Lol
About how many fountain 42 PR were made? I dont see many come up for sale. I was curious about the tinted wind screen and visibility issues.

How about comparable size cats compared to the vees? Pros and Cons for running in the ocean. You always have to be careful but opening up the throttles is kinda the point and how real is a blowover possibility? About 10 years ago a couple brothers in a skater blew over off sea isle. terrible accident, i was at the marina when they towed the boat back.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Registered

It doesn't get much better than an OL sit down boat. Once you ride in one you'll see why
Old 10-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 379 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by billy boats
Congrats - you comments made my Top Ten List of Dumbest things I've ever read on OSO. I guess you just missed that whole era where the ZRC's won World Championships in the US and especially dominated the Offshore circuit when the water got rough - then DONZI went to Europe and won world championships there on courses that were especially rough compared to racing in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPB2gSKpiNY
Old 10-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Registered

Thats a DONZI advertisement , based on RACEBOATS. As i said the Donzi is a nice boat and it is fast with moderate power. but the production boats cannot withstand the rough ocean enviroment. And are not held in the same reguard as the other 3 boats by racers or serious poker runners. Of course a Donzi cheerleader will disagree, thats why i said " thats my opinion". But my opinion comes from 20+ years of seat time in MANY world champion race boats, CURRENT kilo record holder boat, and some of the baddest pleasure boats around. Like I said just my opinion . But here is a FACT my Fountain has never or WILL never be beat by any Donzi
Old 10-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Check out the Bayliner Capri series!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by Biff
Check out the Bayliner Capri series!
Yes, but do they hold any records?
Old 10-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Yes, but do they hold any records?
Boat of the Year, 1985.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.