Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Suggestions on a prop for re-powered stingray >

Suggestions on a prop for re-powered stingray

Notices

Suggestions on a prop for re-powered stingray

Old 11-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will trim tabs help the boat be more stable or just help for leveling the boat out?
Old 11-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by B5boating
Will trim tabs help the boat be more stable or just help for leveling the boat out?
Yes. To both questions. Trim tabs will help with prop torque, listing, porpoising, and keeping the correct bow attitude at cruising speeds or when running in waves. I didn't NEED them on my 230, but I sure would've liked them on a couple of windy days.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Registered

You may want to state what performance characteristics you are looking for aka flat out blazing top end and what it will take to make that combo somewhat safe. Good cruiser that is a boat load of people say 5 running a poker type of run @ 50 at a decent rpm level... or one that flat out pulls like a tractor from 0- 65. IF that engine is 500hp in a 22' boat @2600 lb's it can do any of those goals easily with one caution. Getting your wallet wet at 75mph is never fun and in that boat it could happen in a blink of the eye. Have you ever hit a 2' wake at 65mph it is air time right now.

Last edited by Pliant; 11-09-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Registered

The boat will have 3-4 people in it most of the time. I will not be using it for skiing or tubing. The boat will be used for cruising on wixom lake up near gladwin MI. I would like to see the boat hit 75 mph on some what calm waters but i dont want the engine spinning past 6k rpms (if possible), I only took the boat out once since Ive owned it and put about 4 hours on it.

I will be installing the Mayfair add on hydraulic steering and I dont know if there will be enough room for trim tabs.. I have a photo of the rear of the boat but I havent figured out how to up load a photo to a thread..
Old 11-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Paying members can upload, registered members need to link to photobucket or the like.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=B5boating;4216592]The boat will have 3

Since you don't know you cam profile and have no real baseline to work from it would be prudent to work with BBlades here on this forum he has a vast working knowledge and great line of prop;s along with a priceless exchange policy which you will need.