Lots of cats for sale cheep. >

Lots of cats for sale cheep.

Notices

Lots of cats for sale cheep.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

It's the upgrade situation... Our used boat inventory is going up....because they are trade ins on new build boats... Our cat guys are not leaving for CCs... I just sold one of our MTI-V 42s to one of our customers that has an MTI 48... He wanted the CC, but you would have never gotten him to let go of the 48 cat... So he will have both
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 11-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange quatro
Yea, that is what I'm thinking. I was looking at skaters but coming from a Outerlimits with a 6 ft cabin with a bathroom in it, I think I would miss the amenities. The Nor Tech has a porta potty looking like scenario but thats at best. I just can't swallow those motor rebuilds every 100 hrs at 50 grand minimum. Then if you go with a new boat with 700s like that orange skater ( which is a great looking boat) its almost a half a million bucks. Yea, those CC's are looking better every minute.
It's easy Brian, buy a newer Outerlimits with mild power that goes fast with a full cabin. Give me a shout.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackieboy
Any chance you can say where you are paying $800 for 80mph. I am paying $1500 for 80mph.
Ya, no problem. I was with Progressive at around $1500/year, but looked around and found All State to be half the price. It does help that I have my home and auto with them too though, although these are also a little bit cheaper than Progressive. All State's HP limit is 500 per side for twins (they don't do triples), and that's exactly what I have.

Less insurance I have to pay is more cash for upgrades, poker runs, and gas!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 813 Likes on 376 Posts

I hope the big guns keep upgrading - gives the little guys (like me) some hope of owning one of their discarded boats one day. I like to see it!!!
Old 11-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be very careful with Allstate insurance, read through your policies carefully! You are probably not covered while towing. My agent lied on my application to push my policy through and I wouldnt have been covered based on my top speed (over 65mph). He listed my propulsion as single 575. Don't trust the agent read your policy! Also, if you paid in full don't expect to get any refunds on your unpaid portion if you switch companies. They kept 4 months of mine. I won't even go into how crappy the home owners coverage was. I called Stacy at wake zone it was a whole $200 more a year to actually have coverage not just a piece of paper that said I did with the wrong engines/speed and no coverage while towing.

Last edited by 82predictor; 11-11-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
It's easy Brian, buy a newer Outerlimits with mild power that goes fast with a full cabin. Give me a shout.
You bastards spoiled me. Talk about setting the bar...
Old 11-12-2014, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

So true, keep up the good work OL!
Old 11-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 82predictor
Be very careful with Allstate insurance, read through your policies carefully! You are probably not covered while towing. My agent lied on my application to push my policy through and I wouldnt have been covered based on my top speed (over 65mph). He listed my propulsion as single 575. Don't trust the agent read your policy! Also, if you paid in full don't expect to get any refunds on your unpaid portion if you switch companies. They kept 4 months of mine. I won't even go into how crappy the home owners coverage was. I called Stacy at wake zone it was a whole $200 more a year to actually have coverage not just a piece of paper that said I did with the wrong engines/speed and no coverage while towing.
Good to know, man. I'll make sure I'm in good shape!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Registered
VIP Member

+1! My wife has told me she won't go boating with me if a I get rid of the OL and get a cat. And no......I'm not kidding. My first wife said something similar years ago....about the boat and I filed for divorce the next day. I kept the boat and ended up upgrading women and boats. I don't think I will be so lucky this time. I actually adore the one I have now. My wife is pretty cool too.

I have been working on her for almost 2 years to try to get her to agree to make the change. I even took her out in a nice big power Cat thinking that would do it. When she got out....all I heard was no cabin etc...etc. It also doesn't help that one of our best friends was killed in a Cat accident several years ago. Even though she knows I am extremely conservative when I pick times to really hang it out...she says 125 scares the hell out of her in our V Bottom and the cat. Who knows...maybe she is doing us a favor. In the last 13 years....she has actually been right a couple of times.

Last edited by thunderusone; 11-14-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thunderusone
+1! My wife has told me she won't go boating with me if a I get rid of the OL and get a cat. And no......I'm not kidding. My first wife said something similar years ago....about the boat and I filed for divorce the next day. I kept the boat and ended up upgrading women and boats. I don't think I will be so lucky this time. I actually adore the one I have now. My wife is pretty cool too.

I have been working on her for almost 2 years to try to get her to agree to make the change. I even took her out in a nice big power Cat thinking that would do it. When she got out....all I heard was no cabin etc...etc. It also doesn't help that one of our best friends was killed in a Cat accident several years ago. Even though she knows I am extremely conservative when I pick times to really hang it out...she says 125 scares the hell out of her in our V Bottom and the cat. Who knows...maybe she is doing us a favor. In the last 13 years....she has actually been right a couple of times.
That's a classic right there. My first wife *****ed and complained about doing poker runs blah blah blah. Divorced her bought another boat and have new girlfriend who is blown away by the whole scene.Just got back from key west with her. She still smiling and talking about the **** show LOL. Your OL is top notch and I keep thinking cat but it comes down to practicality.The skater I had was a blast but I do enjoy the cabin for other things than storage !!