can't figure this boat out? >

can't figure this boat out?

Notices

can't figure this boat out?

Old 11-13-2014, 02:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't figure this boat out?

I really like this boat its sharp! I bet she has some good stories from the good old days. What I can't figure out though is it has all the mysterious storage places and gas tanks etc etc could it have been a drug runner at one time? The ad is sorta shady about it wonder other opinions on it. I was looking for a boat that has been on boat trader for a while it's a 1987 or 1988 scarab all white with twin big blocks with orange accents I believe and it has disappeared off the net it was listed in the 14-18k range but I stumbled arcoss this boat not interested in buying it just wondering what you guys think the kind of past it may have had?
Old 11-13-2014, 02:34 AM
Registered

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...ARAB-102116727
Old 11-13-2014, 05:15 AM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

one thats not being disclosed properly. A storage compartment in the floor?? must have been a haywagon... suurrrreeee....

And detuning a merc 420 by putting smaller carbs on them for reliability?? Seriously?? 420's were bomb proof motors.

Extra tanks??? The water tank for the sink in the cabin?
Old 11-13-2014, 05:44 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Those boats were a big deal when I was a kid!
Old 11-13-2014, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

There's more bs in that ad than 315duramax's (Phil)
Old 11-13-2014, 05:56 AM
Registered

Yeah this ad has me as lost as last years easter egg
Old 11-13-2014, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 71 Posts

Cool boat. Those boats were a big deal when I was a kid.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't see "maintained with an open checkbook".... Must be spam...
Old 11-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

...just walk away! LOL The government got tired of being outrun by go fasts during the cocaine cowboy heydays so there is a law on the books that allows for the seizure of a vessel outfitted for smuggling. They do not need to find contraband on board to seize. The mere fact of extra compartments and things like modified fuel systems is enough probable cause to seize and you don't want to have to go through the petition process to try to get it back. It was for this exact reason and money laundering that the original Midnight Express company was seized back in the late 80s and US Customs ended up with several 37 Midnights as interceptors. The company was conspiring with smugglers and adding extra under deck compartments and extended range fuel systems.

19 U.S. Code § 1703 - Seizure and forfeiture of vessels
(a) Vessels subject to seizure and forfeiture
Whenever any vessel which shall have been built, purchased, fitted out in whole or in part, or held, in the United States or elsewhere, for the purpose of being employed to defraud the revenue or to smuggle any merchandise into the United States, or to smuggle any merchandise into the territory of any foreign government in violation of the laws there in force, if under the laws of such foreign government any penalty or forfeiture is provided for violation of the laws of the United States respecting the customs revenue, or whenever any vessel which shall be found, or discovered to have been employed, or attempted to be employed, within the United States for any such purpose, or in anywise in assistance thereof, or whenever any vessel of the United States which shall be found, or discovered to have been, employed, or attempted to be employed at any place, for any such purpose, or is anywise in assistance thereof, if not subsequently forfeited to the United States or to a foreign government, is found at any place at which any such vessel may be examined by an officer of the customs in the enforcement of any law respecting the revenue, the said vessel and its cargo shall be seized and forfeited.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=86Nova2;4218439]I really like this boat its sharp! I bet she has some good stories from the good old days. What I can't figure out though is it has all the mysterious storage places and gas tanks etc etc could it have been a drug runner at one time? The ad is sorta shady about it wonder other opinions on it. I was looking for a boat that has been on boat trader for a while it's a 1987 or 1988 scarab all white with twin big blocks with orange accents I believe and it has disappeared off the net it was listed in the 14

I believe I might own the white boat you are talking about. Its a 1990 Scarab Excel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.