Excessive Water Patrol Safety Checks >

Excessive Water Patrol Safety Checks

Notices

Excessive Water Patrol Safety Checks

Old 12-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chris21hope
Jason, what's the name of this agency? I need to get this done.

I got boarded SEVEN times last summer for 'random' safety checks. Most of the police/coast guards were nice, but some of them gave us a hard time. Like Mild Thunder, I spend a fair amount of cash every time I'm out and bring other guys that spend cash, too. This kind of excessive harassment is driving business and boaters out of West Michigan. If we're acting like idiots, no problem. But if I'm out with a couple of buddies and happen to have a beer in my hand, please don't pull me over every time...

Sorry, rant over....
Get out of Grand Haven! Sad I say that, it was a riot back in the day.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 486 Likes on 178 Posts

This chit has become a bad habit on our lake also . The direct result of training storm troopers instead of Fish and Boat Commission officers . I am in agreement with the probable cause pullover only . If you act like an azz you deserve to be treated like one , other than that let people unwind and have their fun . FREEDOM !!!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 921 Likes on 375 Posts

I have so many stories from my many years of boating both here in Florida and up in Michigan back in the day that I could write a book.

22 years ago spent the day at the beach on my 25 foot sailboat with the Ex wife in a remote little area between Naples and Fort Myers Had a great day of swimming sailing drinking ,eating and some of that other stuff couples like to do.

Anyways later on we are motoring about 2 miles offshore in the desolate Gulf towards Fort Meyers where I kept the boat about 10 at night.Beautiful night ,Ex and I are naked with some wine and good music dangerously hauling azz at 4 knots fully lighted when I kinda detect a unlit boat coming from astern.

Now it is charging us so I dive down in the cabin to grab the spotlight to hit them with it and before I can turn it on I have the Coasties big Rib against us and 2 guys on board. Ex dives down in the cabin to put some clothes on and they are freakin the phuck out about her diving down there.
They detained us for over an hour and checked everything and the whole time i asked what did they pull me over for and they said no lights. Complete BS as we had checked the running lights an hour previous and they worked and were working when they said this. Also the cabin was lit up as well as the overhead Spreader lights that lit the whole deck.

Their whole point of boarding was just to see her tits and phuck with us. I know i was on a blowboat and deserved it but doesn't matter I will take my chances with out their assistance.

98 percent of them are arrogant little pricks with guns that couldn't maneuver a rowboat in a swimming pool.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Registered

Tell all of you a funny little story about Grand Haven back in the day about 1973
My dad had a 48 foot sailboat that we stayed on all summer at the Holiday Inn and he had bought my 2 older brothers a 26 foot Monza to keep them happy,my one brother Dave who was maybe 16 was a wave jumping maniac in the thing and as I was only 9 he would scare the chit out of me with some of the stuff he would do in that boat.

So to the story. My brother and his buddy go out on the boat and i am along and we idle out to the Grand Haven channel until about where the basin starts and than we are on plane.It is blowing about 20 out of the west and there are 6 footers in the channel and not a soul around.

So we get out on the Lake and they are huge it has been blowing for 2 days straight so we run back in the channel and do a few laps from the basin to the end of the peir getting huge air .

About the 5th lap the Ottawa Beach sheriff come out in their old Larson with the light s a goin and they are going to pull us over . Wrong we head out out of the channel and head towards Holland and since they are rolling out of the west we are hauling azz in the troughs.
To this day I can vividly picture those 2 guys getting the the chit absolutely pounded out of them for a couple miles before they turned around. My brothers motto was I didn't see no police boat.

Anyways we ended up going all the way up to Saugetuck and spent the day up there and the weather started to lay down later on so we headed back to GH

We got into the channel about 11 at night after a full day of boating and were soon greeted by blue lights.

Cops were pissed at my brother but he played it down as he had said he had not heard or seen them and i was told the same. Gave him a no wake ticket

Back than there was a 28 Cigarette SS at the Holiday Inn and a 18 foot Donzi named Foxy Lady and another early Wellcraft 25 Nava and that was it for performance boats in that area than.

Another GH story unrelated to the subject but you might like if you are from the area.
We had 8 kids in our family and there was a 55 foot cruiser next to us that had 8 boys on it also docked at the Holiday Inn. Gezon from Gezon motors had his boat there and was a flaming prick to everyone He was the Ted Night from Caddy Shack . We all used to phuck with him in whatever way we could because he deserved it.We had the guy going for a full summer .
There was a Dockboy named Larry there that was a real nice kid about 18 that was dating my sister. Nicest Kid in the World. So anyways Gezon was always *****ing at Larry for this or that whether it was cigarette butts in front of his boat or the trash can in front of his boat he felt needed to be emptied on a hourly basis or whatever he could yell at the poor kid for.

Well the war began and all us kids made a point of collecting cigarette butts and throwing them in front of his boat for the whole summer also at the end of every dock was a trashcan for 2 boats . Well we would gather all the trash out of all the cans and the ones up by the pool and constantly refill the one at Gezons boat. Another trick was to throw dirt from the parking lot up in the air on windy days so the dust settled on his boat downwind.

I swear we almost gave that guy a heart attack and I think Ted Knight got his acting skills from Caddy Shack from watching him because it was one and the same.

Good Times as a Kid in Michigan. Every time I hear Kid Rocks song I gotta look back and smile.

Both boats ended up getting kicked out of there and we moved up tp Holland to the Macatawa Yacht Club at the end of the west Tee Dock where we had are own little Navy parked but that is another story.

Last edited by tommymonza; 12-02-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

I've never had an issue with getting stopped for any reason, doesn't really bother me. For me its only been maybe a couple times a year and I never drink and boat plus all my safety stuff is as it should be. One of the DNR guys up here also use to race a Fountain in F2 so we usually end up BS' ing about racing for a bit and thats about it.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
I've never had an issue with getting stopped for any reason, doesn't really bother me. For me its only been maybe a couple times a year and I never drink and boat plus all my safety stuff is as it should be. One of the DNR guys up here also use to race a Fountain in F2 so we usually end up BS' ing about racing for a bit and thats about it.
Brown Noser
Old 12-03-2014, 12:07 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

lol . . . . hey now

but no tickets so far lol
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
lol . . . . hey now

but no tickets so far NA NA NA NA NA NAH lol
Fixed it for ya

You probably send them a Christmas card and one of GlassDaves famous all inclusive emergency glass and gelcoat repair kits so they can repair all their little mishaps from the day so they look like they know how to maneuver a boat.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 167 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Get out of Grand Haven! Sad I say that, it was a riot back in the day.
It's not as bad as it used to be, they're starting to figure it out. When was the last time you were here?
Old 12-03-2014, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
It's not as bad as it used to be, they're starting to figure it out. When was the last time you were here?
I usually still go once a year, run up to Muskegon and hit Dockers. We wore that town out ten years ago, remember waking up in a strange boat having to piss real bad, got to the transom to figure out I was in a parking lot, it was a new boat on blocks for sale at the Wharf...good times!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.