Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes? >

What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?

Notices

What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?

Old 12-15-2014, 07:04 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

My advice FWIW, stay FAR away from trendy, they look current (I said current, not good) today but tomorrow they're dated and harder to sell. There are a few recent schemes that came and went fast in paint jobs and they look lousy today, come to think of it they looked lousy when they were popular.

I'll always be a classic paint type of person, looks good today, looks good tomorrow, and doesn't make you look like you're in a big d!ck swinging contest to see who has the most sh!t on the side of their hull.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Mitcher T Paint. Is this Less, or More, or more or less, too much
One of my fav paint jobs!
Old 12-15-2014, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukedonzi
One of my fav paint jobs!
Thanks
Old 12-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

Thanks guys!!! The boat has the semi-iconic Scarab "Laser" paint job on it now, pale yellow in front and fades (perfectly) to a dark orange/red in back, two reverse stripes on each side, black accents and white deck. It's.well, ..... iconic......but it's also dated. Looking around it seemed the trend was in fact going back more basic (which I like) colors and patterns. Thanks for the pics and information. The red and white Cig was timeless. I've owned this boat for a little over 25 years, swear I want to be buried in it, so resale is less of an issue than finishing a complete retro-mod thing to it and it be outdated in a couple of years. Kinda of like a buddy said, if the house has "bleached cabinets" you can tell exactly when it was built. Trying to get more of a "timeless" look! Damn sure don't want to end up in the ugly boat picture thread next to the flaming shark boat!!!! hahaha!!!!

Great ideas. Some GREAT looking boats for sure! Thanks for the input!
Old 12-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a few of ours, will take some more pics soon.
Attached Thumbnails What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-img_9114.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-img_9071.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-img_9099.jpg  

What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-img_9084.jpg  
Old 12-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Further to Tom A's "Less is More" post:
Attached Thumbnails What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-p306401489-4.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-img_5643.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-ilmor_supersport.jpg  

What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-wallpaper_5_800.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-done20080510-large-.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-wallpaper_7_800.jpg  

Old 12-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

So the first image I assume is what you have, and below are a few of my personal Scarab favorites. Always liked the clean lines on the 30 Panther.
Attached Thumbnails What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-boat.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-imga.jpg   What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-img_4471830_20130925104119975_1_large_r.jpg  

What's the latest trend in Boat paint schemes?-1988_wellcraft_34_scarab_iii.jpg  
Old 12-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

Yes the first is it, just minor change of black accent on deck and no yellow dip down at the back (and I have the curved windshield) Is it too dated to use or am I just too close to it?

Reindl-- that burnt orange boat in the last pic, I was leaning towards that color combination. Have any other pics?