Lightweight indoor boat cover needed >

Lightweight indoor boat cover needed

Notices

Lightweight indoor boat cover needed

Old 01-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lightweight indoor boat cover needed

I was going to order a Carrie cover but Google does not pull them up. Are they still around?? Anyone use them "recently"? I know there have been some concerns on here but I know custom made stuff often has fitment issues.
Anyone buy a light weight cover lately? Need very light, Parachute type material, not sunbrella.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Gino, FWIW if you are looking for an inexpensive way to keep dust off the boat you might consider an actual parachute.
Even though I had a full sunbrella cover that I used it mainly in the winter months, I found something better for the summer..

For the rest of the year, if the boat was in the yard I used a military cargo parachute that I bought at a surplus store for $40 bucks.
It made a great cover- breathable, protection from the sun, dirt particles, insects etc and the matl dried very quickly after any rain.
Best part was when the wind would blow the movement of the chute would lightly wipe the surfaces it made contact with so when you pulled it off the boat was pretty much ready to go.

I've always thought a parachute would make a great indoor cover and I bet any skydiving club would know where to get used chutes in another color besides olive drab.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-16-2015, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Found this if it helps:

http://www.carvercovers.com/boat-covers

Use contact us tab.

Last edited by 97FASTech; 01-16-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 552 Posts

Gino,

Give these guys a call. They are local to you and will come to the boat:
http://anothercanvasshop.com/contact.html

They do our work for Active Thunder. I would assume they can come up with a fabric like the parachute type material Carrie Covers used to market. They are long gone now.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jayboat
Gino, FWIW if you are looking for an inexpensive way to keep dust off the boat you might consider an actual parachute.
Even though I had a full sunbrella cover that I used it mainly in the winter months, I found something better for the summer..

For the rest of the year, if the boat was in the yard I used a military cargo parachute that I bought at a surplus store for $40 bucks.
It made a great cover- breathable, protection from the sun, dirt particles, insects etc and the matl dried very quickly after any rain.
Best part was when the wind would blow the movement of the chute would lightly wipe the surfaces it made contact with so when you pulled it off the boat was pretty much ready to go.

I've always thought a parachute would make a great indoor cover and I bet any skydiving club would know where to get used chutes in another color besides olive drab.

Great idea, with all the military cutbacks Obama is making, I'm sure there are tons of surplus parachutes!!!

Love you Jay! I couldn't resist! It's actually a great idea, thank you!
Old 01-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Lightweight indoor boat cover to keep dust off the boat. And it is the perfect size. The marine version is the second pic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]535780[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Lightweight indoor boat cover needed-boat-cover.jpg   Lightweight indoor boat cover needed-boat-cover-marine.jpg  

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 01-16-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Gino,

Give these guys a call. They are local to you and will come to the boat:
http://anothercanvasshop.com/contact.html

They do our work for Active Thunder. I would assume they can come up with a fabric like the parachute type material Carrie Covers used to market. They are long gone now.
They have a pic of one of the covers they did with a puddle in it, what kind of quality can the be putting out if that is what is on the website.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Great thread, been looking for the same thing.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
They have a pic of one of the covers they did with a puddle in it, what kind of quality can the be putting out if that is what is on the website.
Fair point, but could be a chicken and egg conversation.
Did it puddle because it was unsnapped, or did the puddle cause it to unsnap?

If rather see a puddle on a cover indicating water NOT passing through it; vs. a wet spot and wet interior.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Try Randy Kent at Marine Concepts. They build all kinds of covers. He will even make it with your color and graphics of the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.