Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Plaintiff Counsel Sees Gratton Settlement As Victory >

Plaintiff Counsel Sees Gratton Settlement As Victory

Notices

Plaintiff Counsel Sees Gratton Settlement As Victory

Old 01-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Sharkey, I believe you and I are somehow circling the same point here.

That dunk tank is available for everyone to practice in. If I raced, I'd be doing it blindfolded, with my feet and hands bound, until I felt comfortable enough to sleep in it submerged... When I dive, I'll swap regulators a dozen times at depth for chitz and giggles It just comes second nature for me now. Last dive in KW I'm setting at 50 ft swapping reg's, guess who appears in front of me flashing the OK signal?

That canopy is there to save lives. Everything that goes along with it should be setup to keep you alive until they cut you out if need be. If not, I'll take my chances skipping across the water and dodging props... Ten minutes might be nothing in a situation where a couple boats get into a hard collision, and you find yourself wrapped up in fiberglass and wires. I think the overall statistics on the canopy's is probably just slightly better than 50/50 right now wouldn't you say?

Diving equipment has advance a good bit since that 1995 article. Full face masks with integrated regulators are affordable, have comm's, and still work if your unconscious. Don't top fuel hyrdro's run a similar setup?

Once again, it's time for the silence to be lifted and let those involved in these messed up situations come to the table and help solve the problems. It's like that in every other motor sport. Look at the HANS device. No one adopted it until Dale senior died, now everyone is wearing them because it saves lives....

-K
Old 01-25-2015, 03:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Getting charged money is punishment, that's the idea. It's up to the defendant/offender whether he wants to improve conditions or continue down the same path. Pretty simple concept.
How is the Insurance Co. paying out money here punish the SBI ?????
Old 01-25-2015, 03:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bawana
How is the Insurance Co. paying out money here punish the SBI ?????
Their new insurance premium will clarify the mystery.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 01-25-2015 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Their new insurance premium will clarify the mystery.
They switched ins co the year after the accident. Can their new ins co raise the rates?
Old 01-25-2015, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidturbo
Sharkey, I believe you and I are somehow circling the same point here.

That dunk tank is available for everyone to practice in. If I raced, I'd be doing it blindfolded, with my feet and hands bound, until I felt comfortable enough to sleep in it submerged... When I dive, I'll swap regulators a dozen times at depth for chitz and giggles It just comes second nature for me now. Last dive in KW I'm setting at 50 ft swapping reg's, guess who appears in front of me flashing the OK signal?

That canopy is there to save lives. Everything that goes along with it should be setup to keep you alive until they cut you out if need be. If not, I'll take my chances skipping across the water and dodging props... Ten minutes might be nothing in a situation where a couple boats get into a hard collision, and you find yourself wrapped up in fiberglass and wires. I think the overall statistics on the canopy's is probably just slightly better than 50/50 right now wouldn't you say?

Diving equipment has advance a good bit since that 1995 article. Full face masks with integrated regulators are affordable, have comm's, and still work if your unconscious. Don't top fuel hyrdro's run a similar setup?

Once again, it's time for the silence to be lifted and let those involved in these messed up situations come to the table and help solve the problems. It's like that in every other motor sport. Look at the HANS device. No one adopted it until Dale senior died, now everyone is wearing them because it saves lives....

-K
I think some racers don't take the dunk test enough. They should take it every time it's offered. Not only pass the test but feal comfortable in the test. It should be instinct to grab your regulator. Some people get out of the test coughing up water and think that's good enough. When $hit goes bad it goes bad fast! There is no time to think it has to be instinctual.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This is over .

It is NOT a win for anyone .

Plaintiff got some cash .

grudge ended in a stalemate .

safety ? hopefully you guys dictate what you need and get it .
Old 01-25-2015, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Anyone using these yet? I don't recall seeing any setting around the pits. Why Not?

http://www.garagemotorsports.com/helmet1.htm
Old 01-25-2015, 10:14 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

May of 2010 a team was using these:

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !