Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats? >

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Notices

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Old 01-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

1st off i was giving my opinion on why no more go fast boats.

2nd i am not really sure a stock sbc w/bravo drive is $40k

finally
in anwser to the original question, imagine comming home from a boat show and telling the wife,
honey i found a new family sport it only cost $300+ for the boat - another $80k+ for a tow viehicle _ $5k year for insurance and $100+ hour to operate.
And she says?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Who cares what she says. Who wears the pants in the house and who brings home the paycheck that makes it possible?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Ya but but most of us will never own a Ferrari (aka MTI) so I will take it with a middle class grain of salt.
You missed the point. It doesn't take a new MTI to be a "Ferrari" on the water. A nice old school Top Gun with big blocks and loud exhaust get the same stares.
And, it would cost less than half of a new minivan....err....center console.
Hey I've crawled all over and ridden in two different MTI center consoles and they are a helluva nice boat, but they still will never be as cool as a true go fast. Just my opinion of course.
Continue flameage.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Who cares what she says. Who wears the pants in the house and who brings home the paycheck that makes it possible?
You're not married are you? LOL!
Old 01-25-2015, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't read all the post so this might have already been said. I thing CCs are more functional now a days, especially in salt water conditions. Shallow draft, easier to flush, and they now have small cabins under the helm, not to mention you can walk around the whole boat so a few extra hands are helpful when docking and you don't have to worry about people losing there balance on the deck of a go fast. If I lived in Florida I would but a CC.

Go fasts are I think more popular in the north, fresh water deeper waters usually and no salt.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
You missed the point. It doesn't take a new MTI to be a "Ferrari" on the water. A nice old school Top Gun with big blocks and loud exhaust get the same stares.
And, it would cost less than half of a new minivan....err....center console.
Hey I've crawled all over and ridden in two different MTI center consoles and they are a helluva nice boat, but they still will never be as cool as a true go fast. Just my opinion of course.
Continue flameage.

Just cause something is cool though doesn't make it sensible. Will a i/o vee or cat be cooler usually....yes.

But like a lot of fun and fast toys ownership and usefulness can be a pain or less than ideal. So many will admire but go for the boat that fits the needs for fun and convenience.

Just my thought. Ideal world would be what Joey314 is doing but the world can't all be perfect.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
You're not married are you? LOL!
This.

That is usually a quote of a single or scorned man lol.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
This.

That is usually a quote of a single or scorned man lol.
Or the man with the $ and the big d!ck.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Louisville boat show 26' Checkmate with a single 520 was 116k without trailer. Tough to enter the game.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of these posts are funny, because I know for a fact that most of them are from people who are fresh water boaters and have never boated full time in salt, so they wouldn't know the pros and cons of each type of boat, please note I said "full time", not twice a winter poker run user, but only the every other weekend salt boater fully understands the difference.

Last edited by 314joey; 01-25-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.