Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats? >

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Notices

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Old 01-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
Some of these posts are funny, because I know for a fact that most of them are from people who are fresh water boaters and have never boated full time in salt, so they wouldn't know the pros and cons of each type of boat, please note I said "full time", not twice a winter poker run user, but only the every other weekend salt boater fully understands the difference.
Yep!!
Old 01-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
Louisville boat show 26' Checkmate with a single 520 was 116k without trailer. Tough to enter the game.
I think this sums it up right there plus a 1/2 ton truck for another 20 to 30 and a trailer. I just started boating in 09 and when I was looking for a boat in the for sale section here there were over a 1000 boats for sale at any given time and now only about 600. I think a lot of that has to do with not as many people are upgrading like they use to and the used boat market is not what it was. We overnight all the time on our boat but the a/c makes it easy to do over are 28 with no a/c we sold last summer .

Last edited by fasthawk6; 01-25-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 266 Likes on 87 Posts

from what i gathered from talking with folks at lake race and the shootout weeks in LOTO is that a bunch of the manufactures say that "go-fast" sales are up from years past. the economy is "somewhat" getting better than the past few years. But then again, i think the OP was just referring to new boats... there are alot of used boats moving at all ends of the spectrums. older scarabs, heck i think 7 cigs sold this month, a few apaches moving around. etc. Its very funny though, of course its the wife holds the check book situation ( i wouldnt know) but you see the price of a family boat, is ABSURD! you could buy a HELL of a boat early 2000's for what the price of a new bayliner or mastercraft costs. of course you cant tube behind a go fast but still. and ya, alot of folks are getting older now, when say 10 years ago, i was riding around in my 13' whaler and drooling at all the go fasts around our cottage in the 1000 islands. and 100's of boats in the poker runs but you get a few people to crash, or a few people to complain about noise, and all of a sudden you have speed zones EVERYWHERE, noise violations tickets, etc etc and people just say its not worth it. but a few folks up this way are working to change that !
Old 01-25-2015, 02:21 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon Footprint
Phaze,

Look me up this summer, we will be at chatfield and peublo alot!
You and Phaze should come up to Blue Mesa it his summer and look me up as well. About the only other performance boat we ever see up here is TROR.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I've yet to see a bass boat that can hit an honest 80 and they are not "go-fasts" by definition. Not enough deadrise.
My brother has a bullet 21 with a 300 xs that will do 85 fully rigged for fishing. the 300 x and xs has created a turn key 80 mph bass boat and if you take the time to set up for pure speed 90 easily
Old 01-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Mercury is partially at fault, they are raping us with prices
Old 01-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 593 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
Some of these posts are funny, because I know for a fact that most of them are from people who are fresh water boaters and have never boated full time in salt, so they wouldn't know the pros and cons of each type of boat, please note I said "full time", not twice a winter poker run user, but only the every other weekend salt boater fully understands the difference.
Yep. I don't know why they are whining anyways. There probably isn't more than 20 center consoles total on LOTO not counting water patrol. So it's not like they ever even see them anyway.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
from what i gathered from talking with folks at lake race and the shootout weeks in LOTO is that a bunch of the manufactures say that "go-fast" sales are up from years past. the economy is "somewhat" getting better than the past few years. But then again, i think the OP was just referring to new boats... there are alot of used boats moving at all ends of the spectrums. older scarabs, heck i think 7 cigs sold this month, a few apaches moving around. etc. Its very funny though, of course its the wife holds the check book situation ( i wouldnt know) but you see the price of a family boat, is ABSURD! you could buy a HELL of a boat early 2000's for what the price of a new bayliner or mastercraft costs. of course you cant tube behind a go fast but still. and ya, alot of folks are getting older now, when say 10 years ago, i was riding around in my 13' whaler and drooling at all the go fasts around our cottage in the 1000 islands. and 100's of boats in the poker runs but you get a few people to crash, or a few people to complain about noise, and all of a sudden you have speed zones EVERYWHERE, noise violations tickets, etc etc and people just say its not worth it. but a few folks up this way are working to change that !
I swear that all started at Lake George NY, then moved over to lake Winnipesaukee NH, now sweeping the country.
Why can't the non boating public leave us alone!!!!
Old 01-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 486 Likes on 178 Posts

The ONLY thing that really matters is in my signature .
Old 01-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 266 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by outlw36
I swear that all started at Lake George NY, then moved over to lake Winnipesaukee NH, now sweeping the country.
Why can't the non boating public leave us alone!!!!

i dont think its even the non boating public... its just some older folks. i remember my grandparents (who have boated their whole lives. im 4th generation in my family) would always shake their heads when we were eating dinner on the porch and they would hear the loud boats in the distance. (at the time i was running to the railing to see the boats racing down the river) im surprised they never had an issue when i showed up with my cafe LOL. i can see the market turning around in a few years for the mid range boats. like under 170k at least in this area. there are not MANY go fasts that are local to the river, but the ones that are, are brand new MTI's, nortecs, and the like. lots more 32-38 fountains, all years, some 46 BT, just depends. seeing alot of the big 60' cruisers selling and moving to sport boats up here. so we're hopeful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.