Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats? >

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Notices

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Old 01-26-2015, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

Lots of room but again maybe its my age but I don't want 12 people with me and the wife on my boat.
This was what hit with me....I am the exact opposite. I want all my friends with me when we go out. I want everyone to enjoy a day out in the water just like me.

The Sonic fits 5 + me and after that it is super tight and uncomfortable.

That is a big draw back for someone like myself.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
This was what hit with me....I am the exact opposite. I want all my friends with me when we go out. I want everyone to enjoy a day out in the water just like me..
ok,,,lets us know how that works out for you, a years or two down the road..
Old 01-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
ok,,,lets us know how that works out for you, a years or two down the road..

So far it has been great and this is not my first boat.

I don't let strangers or people who can't handle them self on my boat. My friends have been my friends my whole life.

You guys have your wife and kids....i dont. So it is me and my GF and my friends (family).

So thanks for your warning but it is not needed. Before on my tiny 23' CC we had fun, now I have a 36' boat and it draws straws and people are left out.

So I will continue to take my friends cause I enjoy that much more than the sound is some big blocks and 3 or 4 people on my boat.

We are not all the same buddy. Many have different views on what is fun.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 01-26-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:35 AM
Registered

So far it has been great and this is not my first boat.

I don't let strangers or people who can't handle them self on my boat. My friends have been my friends my whole life.

You guys have your wife and kids....i dont. So it is me and my GF and my friends (family).

So thanks for your warning but it is not needed. Before on my tiny 23' CC we had fun, now I have a 36' boat and it draws straws and people are left out.

So I will continue to take my friends cause I enjoy that much more than the sound is some big blocks and 3 or 4 people on my boat.

We are not all the same buddy. Many have different views on what is fun.

you are starting to sound silly/stupid,,,
go buy your cc and have fun with it,center consoles are not for everyone,,

I just made a comment on something you said,it was not meant to be a warning cause I really dont care what you do with your money,,ok buddy?

Last edited by boatnt; 01-26-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 178 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by jupiter sunsation
one thing folks are forgetting.......go fast guys are getting older! Sun, wind, climbing in the bilge are way less desirable to a guy that is 60 than a 30 year old.
sounds like your friends actually believe they are 60.
At 65 i only have about 30 more years to terrorise everybody on the water as fast as my boat will do it.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
you are starting to sound silly/stupid,,,
go buy your cc and have fun with it,center consoles are not for everyone,,

I just made a comment on something you said,it was not meant to be a warning cause I really dont care what you do with your money,,ok buddy?

You made a comment as if I have no clue what I will like when boating but you somehow do know what I like or enjoy.

The only silly or stupid sounding person here is the one trying to tell others what they might like when they don't know that person in the least.

And yes I am aware CC's are not for everyone, just like boating with a small group at all times isn't either.

Thanks guy!

Last edited by Nate5.0; 01-26-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 1,477 Likes on 824 Posts

Wow chill people its boats not politics!

BTW

I really would like to know:

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Some questions and comments.

First I got into all things with engines when me and my dad build my first Go-Cart when I was 7. From there it was on, minbikes, dirt bikes, hell I even made a banked dirt oval track behind our house when I was a kid.

For me something has to look good but it has to be fun to drive/ ride. I here people saying the sound of big blocks etc.

So when it comes to CC's I have some questions, and I am talking more about the ones that most people may be able afford, you know twin engine 30-38 foot boats.

First, every one keeps talking about flushing, why would a aluminum block outboard not need to be flushed and a closed cooling I/O harder to flush? Assuming it has a flush kit. What do they do so that the outboard doesn't have to be flushed?

My buddy has a 36 Concept with twin 250 Merc 4 strokes, we still flush them after a day on the water, wash the boat down etc. As for performance,,,,,,,,,,,,, we have never rung it out but I don't know if it would hit 70. I was surprised about the ride, not bad but feels VERY light, and windy. Kind of like riding in a bath tub. Lots of room but again maybe its my age but I don't want 12 people with me and the wife on my boat.

Doesn't seem to be as much about driving it as just cruising around.

Operating cost hands down the outboards are less, at least when you are talking twin 250-300's. I would think 3-4 300's would be up there.

Does anyone think if they brought back performance offshore outboard powered boats that people would move to them?

Just to be clear, my wife would rather have a single outboard walkaround,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I doubt if I ever get the fountain done that it will touch salt water. Someone will get a hell of a deal.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Registered

Does anyone think if they brought back performance offshore outboard powered boats that people would move to them?
Active Thunder makes a pretty slick o/b powered closed Vee. If I was buying brand new it would be on my list to see for sure. Has added deck room and a wrap around as well to accommodate more people with comfort.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the main answer to the OP's question is that Ft Lauderdale has changed significantly, its not the party place with low property values and great boating that it used to be. Housing prices have skyrocketed, bars and clubs have been replaced by boutiques and yoga studios and the population is mainly made up of wealthy retired people. The action is in South Beach where the demographic is also not conducive to offshore Big Dick boating!

Combine that with the economy, boating prices, fuel prices and the introduction of some new boating niches like pontoons, crossovers, and wake boats and you have the answer.

I am told that the new hot bed off offshore is LOTO
Old 01-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Registered

You made a comment as if I have no clue what I will like when boating but you somehow do know what I like or enjoy.

The only silly or stupid sounding person here is the one trying to tell others what they might like when they don't know that person in the least.

And yes I am aware CC's are not for everyone, just like boating with a small group at all times isn't either.

Thanks guy!
well,, yes it does sound like you might be confused on what you like/enjoy

so,,,you had a 23 cc and had a blast,,you had so much fun with it you sold it to get your current boat,,now you can only take 3-4 of your friends with.."draws straws and people are left out" as you put it..

so why did you not think of all your friends before you bought your current boat?? or were you just low on friends that day??

oh no need for you to reply it will be something childish or stupid...so save it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.