Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats? >

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Notices

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Old 01-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Outboards rock if you have enough of them. This rig needs a couple more. I really do miss the simplicity of my 200 hp V-6 Merc 2.4. Modified, it made my Hydrostream go 85. I still had gear case problems though. I twisted a prop shaft and wiped out a brg carrier and put in a double roller brg output shaft carrier.

I saw that or one just like it at the boat show here some years ago. Still not an eggbeater guy but looks cool for that style.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Just cause something is cool though doesn't make it sensible.

SummerObsession - I will agree with that statement if you can agree the reverse is also very true.

Does this mean my Sansabelt slacks and Orthofeet oxfords aren't cool?! (Several "seasoned" members just caught that reference and looked at their pants and shoes, BTW)
Old 01-26-2015, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Everybody is programmed differently , I'm 50 and still spin my tires in the rain while being called a moron by my wife ( for this and many other things ) . I'm not hyper , but I dont care for "just hanging out".

On our honeymoon , we travelled 1500+ miles in a rent a car in Europe and never stayed in a city for more than two days . I have friends that cruise 1.5 miles to the sandbar and hang out all day ,
I cant do it , I'll burn a couple hundred bucks of gas checking out new places , cruising a little , hauling a$$ a little , but always moving . Thats how I relax. It doesnt mean anybodys wrong or right , just different .
Old 01-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 396 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Got a cabin and a real enclosed head. I plan on camping a bunch!
Hull is derived from one of the original cigarettes. Gets almost 2mpg.

Looks like the boat came out of Sandusky. Is that a Marlango?

Jack
Old 01-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 593 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Looks like the boat came out of Sandusky. Is that a Marlango?

Jack
yes and yes
Old 01-27-2015, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 73 Posts

I understand what Nate means because we thought the same thing. When it was time to upgrade, my wife wouldn't let me even look at another closed bow. Pontoon, cat-deck, and MCOB's were it because she wanted more room & storage plus be able to bring our/my friends. It was a way to spend time with our married friends after we all had kids. It worked for awhile but it got harder and harder for everyone to schedule sitters for the kids or get away from work. My wife realizes now that we usually have a maximum of 5 people total on the boat nowadays and has agreed to another closed bow if I want one.
It was nice for a few years when everyone could come out boating though. All my buddies are the guys I used to street/drag race with and it was much easier to talk our wives into going out boating for a day than to go stand in a parking lot for hours talking cars while our women were bored as hell.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 73 Posts

If I was smart, I'd want a CC with outboards next as it's the practical/sensible choice but it'll be a closed bow offshore style boat because of looks and the sound
Old 01-27-2015, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
If I was smart, I'd want a CC with outboards next as it's the practical/sensible choice but it'll be a closed bow offshore style boat because of looks and the sound
If money was not an issue that Active Thunder is very very cool.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941
Everybody is programmed differently , I'm 50 and still spin my tires in the rain while being called a moron by my wife ( for this and many other things ) . I'm not hyper , but I dont care for "just hanging out".

On our honeymoon , we travelled 1500+ miles in a rent a car in Europe and never stayed in a city for more than two days . I have friends that cruise 1.5 miles to the sandbar and hang out all day ,
I cant do it , I'll burn a couple hundred bucks of gas checking out new places , cruising a little , hauling a$$ a little , but always moving . Thats how I relax. It doesnt mean anybodys wrong or right , just different .
100%! My friends spend half a day getting ready, cruise 2 miles to sit for a day, 2 miles back, then another half day cleaning. I like to explore the waterways, canals and islands.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941

I'm 60 and I love driving my little Donzi on the Great Lakes. We'll hit the party spots sometimes but driving my boat is what it's all about. Just me and one passenger is perfect. Put-in-Bay is an 80 mile cruise each way and one of my favorite runs as long as Erie isn't kicking up too bad. I have three Mustangs too. (not horses!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.