Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats? >

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Notices

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Old 01-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Sonic sell?
Old 01-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bought a cruiser 5 yrs ago and love it. Fountain has seen water no more than 6 times since. Registration is now 3 yrs expired. Our boating style has simply changed, plus the number of go fast on our lake has dwindled to only a few. Not much fun running around by myself. Haven't tried to sell the Fountain just because I don't want to mess with the hassle. But if someone knocks on my door with bag of cash, it's gone.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Sonic sell?

No but I shipped it to Sarasota and it is in the showroom of the broker. So more than likely won't see it again till I sign papers to the new owners.

I could use it but it is an hour drive to do so. So prob won't be unless some can't miss boating day comes along.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
It`s because most of those gen X pussified little b itches grew up with a "time out" instead of a belt across the ass. When little johnny sucked at baseball he still got a participation award and his politically correct soccer mommy told him how great he is and that he`s gonna grow up to be president someday. What she should have told him is to start reciting the phrase "would you like fries with that?" to prepare him for the real world.
Never any hardship makes for a bunch of cry babies who are too lazy and mechanically declined to be able to fix anything much less put in the work required to upkeep a performance boat/trailer/tow vehicle.
I guess what they wanna do is throw a line in the water on some easy to take care of CC and sit there with their dicks in their hand waiting for some 'smells like nasty Pu$$y' fish to bite the bait.

There`s only a few of us real mean left out there and the herd is getting smaller by the minute.

NEXT!

No polical correctness here... just tell it like it is! I like this so much that just clicking "like" isn't enough!
Old 01-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Bought a cruiser 5 yrs ago and love it. Fountain has seen water no more than 6 times since. Registration is now 3 yrs expired. Our boating style has simply changed, plus the number of go fast on our lake has dwindled to only a few. Not much fun running around by myself. Haven't tried to sell the Fountain just because I don't want to mess with the hassle. But if someone knocks on my door with bag of cash, it's gone.
This is the EXACT story the seller of my boat had! Has a big cruiser he takes out with his buddies, the registration on my boat he sold me is from 2011. He said the areas he boats at the police are after the "performance boats" and he can drink more and get away with it on his big cruiser apparently. The only difference is that he was using the money from the sale of my boat to buy a CC....lol!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
#3 and thanks for clarifying......................god knows aren't we supposed to be having fun,................... lets at least make fun of someone other than other boaters......................lol
We could make fun of sail boaters!
Old 01-28-2015, 06:15 PM
Registered

AND kayakers that get pissed when you make a wake over an inch high! lol
Old 01-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

One of the things that may determine the future of the medium to large CC's are their association with the High H/P 4 stroke outboards . The illusion of less maintenance is beginning to rear it's ugly head at a few of the marinas in my area ( Floridas west coast )
Once out of warranty , many authorized service centers choose not to work on them ( this also happened with PWC's , most Fla dealers only work on last 3 model years ).
The big Yammy's (200 & up ) are rotting out at the exhaust , Verados are stared at by techs more than a $
50 hooker , and the cursed E TECS are not even allowed in the marina's parking lots. ( I know the E TECS are 2 strokes )
This may open the door for the guy that wants to become proficient 4 stroke tech , but he better start learning NOW !
It would be interesting to compare the long term expenses of the two ( twin BBC or Twin / Triple outboard ) and when its time to part out , what you have left to sell???

Last edited by PARASAIL941; 01-28-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Registered

^That's a good point!
Old 01-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941
It would be interesting to compare the long term expenses of the two ( twin BBC or Twin / Triple outboard ) and when its time to part out , what you have left to sell???
I don't know what a 496 or a 525 costs to rebuild, but I do know a new 300XS is $17k before rebates through Jaco's.... So figure $30-$45k for complete new engines, plus rigging, with no drives to buy or rebuild. Given the rate of grenaded I/Os I've read about on this site, if those outboards last 3 seasons, it may be money well spent! LOL

Last edited by Speedracer29; 01-28-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.