Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats? >

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Notices

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Old 01-24-2015, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
Center consoles are gay. Only puzzy azz loosers buy those things.
lol It's all good! Just hang some more engines off the back.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 336 Posts

Helicopters, FLIR and machineguns eliminated the need for go fast boats so why have a cargo hold ?
Old 01-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Just saying that 80 is the new 70 and that most modern step hull Vees run well over 80 and most step hull CCs do not. No, I'm not putting down older boats so I probably should have said that a MODERN go-fast should run over 80! Anyway, to each his own and we all have that speed that we need to reach to get the thrills we seek in this sport. If you are happy with a 65 MPH CC with 10 people on board then that is certainly cool. I still don't see CCs replacing enclosed Vees in the long run though.
I don't think the sport CC market over taking the enclosed Vee bottom either. It just give a new option to many so it will cut into some sale in some regions.

Also yes...many new sport CC's are seeing past 70s and are into the 80's and I think Nor-tech has one in the 90's. So you can still get a thrill with the old egg-beaters out back.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
50 & 4ft?
Yes
Old 01-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it is a passing turn down mostly due to money and all the economic problems currently. There are popular replacements so that will show in the market trends but the desire and admiration for the offshore go fast will not leave the individual. They may go with the crowd in hard times but I think when the money, economy and a thriving society return the go fast will too.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me start by saying I really don't mind center consoles.

That said, to me they are like the mini-vans of the waterways.
Think about it...They haul a bunch of people comfortably, you make up excuses for owning one, you can have a big motor in one but the are still slower than your buddy's car, and no matter how cool the paint is or how loud the stereo is, when a Ferrari goes flying by you at three times your speed you will always wish you were in something faster!!

Flame away...
Old 01-24-2015, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Let me start by saying I really don't mind center consoles.

That said, to me they are like the mini-vans of the waterways.
Think about it...They haul a bunch of people comfortably, you make up excuses for owning one, you can have a big motor in one but the are still slower than your buddy's car, and no matter how cool the paint is or how loud the stereo is, when a Ferrari goes flying by you at three times your speed you will always wish you were in something faster!!

Flame away...

Ya but but most of us will never own a Ferrari (aka MTI) so I will take it with a middle class grain of salt.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I guess I'm different because I've never wished for anything I didn't already have, I'm totally happy cruising down the main channel at LOTO or out in the Gulf, but that's just me.

I didn't know it was a contest.

Last edited by 314joey; 01-24-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
Let me start by saying I really don't mind center consoles. That said, to me they are like the mini-vans of the waterways.
That's some funny sh1t right there.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I've yet to see a bass boat that can hit an honest 80 and they are not "go-fasts" by definition. Not enough deadrise.
Oh yeah, there are quite a few Bass boats that will go over 80 easy. Allison Bass boat have done over a 100. Driving a Bass boat over 75-80 plus takes skill to compensate for chine walking. In the definition of a go-fast maybe not but than again it would depends who's definition you listen too. My definition is a 100 plus to be a go-fast Boat.

Last edited by WTDecker; 01-24-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.