Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats? >

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Notices

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Old 01-24-2015, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
I guess I'm different because I've never wished for anything I didn't already have, I'm totally happy cruising down the main channel at LOTO or out in the Gulf, but that's just me.

I didn't know it was a contest.
Damn, I thought "who ever has the most wins",,,,,,,,,LOL,, I'm losing
Old 01-24-2015, 10:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WTDecker
Damn, I thought "who ever has the most wins",,,,,,,,,LOL,, I'm losing
I thought so too, but when a guy in a small runabout crosses my path on the water, I say good for him, he's out enjoying himself...........maybe we're all losing.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

This thread should be renamed "How CC are awesome by Nate5.0 in 200 posts..give or take a 100"
Old 01-24-2015, 10:45 PM
Banned

I believe it's because marinas shy away from working on go fasts ?It's hard to find a marina that can work on them?They do a job on a fishing or pleasure boat and it's 2 miles per hour slower no problem!Not so easy when they work on our boats also haters with noise & speed restrictions? My 02?
Old 01-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
This thread should be renamed "How CC are awesome by Nate5.0 in 200 posts..give or take a 100"

I would take the under.....trying to help a brother out..hint hint..wink wink.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:23 AM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 40 Posts

It's awesome how every one at the boat ramp gathers when you open up the engine hatch, the bilge is all shiny clean, the rigging all nice and neat!

"Wow Look at that!!"

The looks on their faces when we fire off the motors, the sound of the open pipes of a BBC idling, the sounds of raw power!!

"How fast does that thing go?" "How much horsepower?"

If they only understood what it's like to have 1,400hp at your fingertips! If they only had a clue how exhilarating it is to tap the throttles when your running along at 60 and you're almost instantly hitting 80+ and then beyond! The "roar" of the dry exhaust singing to you at high rpm!! The thrill of making the boat dance through 3-4footers at 80-90mph!

They think you're nuts, little do they understand!! we "R"

Whether you do all, some, or pay someone to do the work on these boats, unless you are a Truly passionate speedboat enthusiast, you don't own one for very long![/QUOTE]

Tom, Thank you for the Uplifting Ride -- Winter is just way too long.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:21 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Center consoles are very practical especially for those who like to put lots of hours on their boats. They are easier to live with day to day. The new ones built by the performance boat companies have lots of attitude. With all those advantages, it would still be like buying a minivan.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
With all those advantages, it would still be like buying a minivan.

See me, I'd say SUV not minivan.
They look sharp, go pretty decent, fit more, have more room, and are all around more versatile.

Remember the guys that would never give up their trans-ams or grand nationals for a ugly, slow SUV?
Well the SUV got faster, sexier, and became the most practical option so eventually most people gravitated towards them.
Leaving the t/a where it is now.......no longer

Plus if I want to jump ship on my cc. I guarantee I can sell it to a lot of performance guys on this site, or joe soccer dad that just wants a nice boat for the family to hang on.
You won't see it in the oso classifieds for years getting the price dropped, or parted out because it's easier to sell dead than alive !!!!

Last edited by scarab63; 01-25-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Guess I'm greedy, I want both.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rj45
...many performance guys can switch to a boat that satisfies them and the wife and kids. Unfortunately, all this makes the offshore powerboat a tough sell.
Thats it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.