Notices

Update on Doug Lewis

Old 07-10-2004, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Update on Doug Lewis

I wish Doug all the best and prayers, I keep saying god should be on his side and from the way it looks He Is! As long as Doug keeps on fighting we know his will to live is their, My Prayers will always go out to him. Doug Keep Up the Fight I know you will win.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

I never knew a person could have so much strength and courage, This mans battle is a source of inspiration for all to see, I look forward to meeting this WARRIOR someday.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:51 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

7-10-04
Latest from Leeanne:
Hello:
Doug is still stabile. They've lowered his sedative. Today when I got there I told him he was doing great and said that if he understood me to squeeze my finger...he did! They were doing dialysis early in the AM, no plasmaphersis pending test results. They've started some of the new chemo drugs. He moved his head a bit in my direction when I changed to the other side of the bed. He actually tried to shift positions and get up. All good indicators that he is aware that I am there and is very unhappy about being tied down. Beyond that there is nothing else to report. The oncologist came and confirmed that Doug is indeed doing great. It is all we can hope for right now. They are taking good care of him (now). Don't know yet when they plan on pulling him out of this coma. I suspect sometime early in the week. Naturally I plan on being there to make sure everyone does their job right and things go smoothly! ;o) We don't want or need anymore screw ups.
That's it. I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather we're having. Thanks for your continued prayers and well wishes. He isn't out of the woods by a looooooong mile yet.
Leeanne

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

God Bless some good news..

My Best Regards
Old 07-12-2004, 12:02 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Sunday July 11, 2004

Hi All:
Doug is hanging tough. They lowered the sedative some more and I was able to communicate with him a bit by hand squeezing. The next couple of days will be important ones - the docs hope to remove the ventilator.
His vital signs remain stabile and he looks good even with all the wires, hoses and tubes coming out of him.
It's been another long day so I'm calling it a night so I can get an early start and meet the doctors first thing in the AM.
Thanks for your concern.
Leeanne

Old 07-13-2004, 05:14 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Leeanne's latest email:

July 12th, 2004

Hi:
Doug had a setback today. They lowered his sedative dose and because he was conscious and able to communicate, he wanted his vent tube removed. When it wasn't he got very agitated to the point where his blood pressure jumped up to 160/101 and his heart rate 141. In response to that outburst they increased his dose and knocked him back out. He isn't ready to come off yet. The doc did a sonogram of his liver area and it shows some blood around his lung and diaphragm. He's still draining. Tonight they are doing some more testing to be certain he isn't bleeding elsewhere internally. I should know something tomorrow when I see the docs in the AM.
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.
Leeanne

Old 07-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Registered

since I am a newbie to the performance powerboat world....I didnt know Doug or anything about him until I read the posts about his fight for life......All I can say about the guy now is wow.......I can only imagine how strong of an individual he most be to still be fighting strong. He will be in my prayers for sure as will you Leeanne. He has a lot of friends that he does not even now that are putting there strenth behind the both of you.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:38 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

July 13 th, 2004

Hello,

Just a quick update. Nothing really new to report. More transfusions, platelets and plasma. Plasmaphersis was done, dialysis tomorrow and an ultrasound. Tomorrow they might try again to remove the ventilator. The anticipation is unbearable.

Thanks to you all for your telephone messages, emails and offers of help any way you can. It's all appreciated.

Leeanne

Old 07-19-2004, 02:38 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

This just in from Leeanne:

Hi Everyone:

Doug remains stable, conscious and pretty alert considering he's still somewhat sedated. The thorax MD said when Doug draining drops to 100cc or below, he'll remove the tube from his lung, after that everything else should come off quickly. The oncology MD said his cancer is being held in check until they can resume chemo, hopefully by the end of this week.

Yesterday I explained to Doug what happened to him and that he's been in ICU for 12 twelve days. Some of his facial expressions were priceless. I can't wait for them to remove the tube from his mouth, his expletives will be too!

That's about it. What a rollercoaster ride the past 3 weeks have been. All the MDs are hopeful about the new chemo treatment. Say lots of prayers and keep your fingers crossed that the new drugs will do the trick.

Leeanne

Old 07-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like some needed good news.

My Best Regards

Quick Reply: Update on Doug Lewis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.