Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Info and pics on the Sonic cat. >

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Notices

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Old 02-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the hull isn't pig heavy, this would make a hell of a nice package for the $ if paired with some blown LS small blocks and a set of Arnesons!

I love the look and the interior looks very sharp as well. With all that said, after hearing how they fu@ked Chuck so badly, I don't know many people that would place an order!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this talk about splashing hulls has me thinking of how many other companies have splashed hulls for many years and then just improved on them by making the modifications the original companies didn't take the time to do which led to faster stronger hulls or made better interiors etc. some that come to mind is the challenger/shadow/Superboat 21'. How about the 27 activator which I believe was a executioner and how mark just improved from there and now that mold is in Sweden being taken even further and possibly improved upon. I feel if the original companies are not in business anymore or still are and don't see a issue with it infringing upon them legally then more power to them.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
Not trying to thread jack here, but is there any threads talking about real world situations with splashing other hulls? Say like theortically, I bought a ts cig vice and splashed it, built an entry level v hull. (Theoretically) since cig doesn't and hasn't made a 30 vice for some time, is there any legal reprecussions or like normal patents needing to change 20 or 30% ? I would just be curious or is it all fair game ?
Someone with way too much time and a little graphics skill could make the most amazing flow chart of all time with this...starting with the Ark of course.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
If the hull isn't pig heavy, this would make a hell of a nice package for the $ if paired with some blown LS small blocks and a set of Arnesons!

I love the look and the interior looks very sharp as well. With all that said, after hearing how they fu@ked Chuck so badly, I don't know many people that would place an order!
Could someone please post a link to the "Chuck F@ckin" thread so that those of us not in the in crowd could study up. Seriously. Thanks!

Last edited by FlyenBrian; 02-17-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
Nordic asked permission to copy a 40 when they built their 43...different deal. Target was a splash of a 32.
You must be hearing this story from Nordic as the truth is a far different one

Laurent purchased a new 32 and promptly splashed it
Old 02-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
You must be hearing this story from Nordic as the truth is a far different one

Laurent purchased a new 32 and promptly splashed it
I remember the story on the 32
Old 02-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I remember the story on the 32
Nordic also took the 32 that Sanger splashed and made their 34 from it.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 272 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Great idea to expand your business!

i was just using it at theoretical example. not interested in doing that.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
Not trying to thread jack here, but is there any threads talking about real world situations with splashing other hulls? Say like theortically, I bought a ts cig vice and splashed it, built an entry level v hull. (Theoretically) since cig doesn't and hasn't made a 30 vice for some time, is there any legal reprecussions or like normal patents needing to change 20 or 30% ? I would just be curious or is it all fair game ?
I am interested to hear what you can offer the boating world, especially in comparison to what is out there today; and at what price point. Please feel free to expand.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Does anyone know who bought the 32 target with the 525's that was in the classifieds a while ago? It had a blue wrap on it if I remember correctly. Maybe they could chime in on the performance of the boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.