Notices

my new used h2x

Old 03-06-2015, 08:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Enjoy your new ride. As far as some of these speed claims I am reading here.......look here and run the numbers http://www.go-fast.com/Prop_Slip_Calculator.htm

23P prop, 1.5 ratio, 5000 RPMs = 73 MPH with zero slip. Your slip is likely to be in the 12-15% range.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Ing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by newspeed
I am about to buy a used 2002 h2x boss and was curious how pleased will I be with this boat, and what issues might I have. Waiting on weather to break for I can test drive her first though.
Good luck with the deal but never buy a boat without a sea trial first. If speed is a concern take a handheld GPS because most of those H2X's do not have GPS speedos and I've been reading alot of very optimistic speeds. I'd venture that setup is just north of 65mph with a load on a GPS. The H2X also has a 22 degree deadrise as opposed to the 24/25/26 that have 24 degree deadrise. For most inland waterways the H2X is fine but in the rough, the larger boats are a considerable better ride and with the deeper freeboard your family may feel more secure.

Last edited by Ing; 03-07-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the replies, but like anything I never buy with out a test drive or looking it over really good. As far as ride I am in Kentucky, so only rough if it's raining :-)