Notices

Stereo Help Tread

Old 03-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm using the new Fusion Black Box. BB390. It is remote mounted comes with a wired remote display which is NMEA 2000 compliant. You can control all radio functions from the display, or any NMEA compliant screen and your smart phone.

The remote that comes with fusion is small and will mount easily. You can also display speed OT any other date on your NMEA system.

http://www.panbo.com/archives/2014/1...into_2015.html

Last edited by skate; 03-10-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really excited about all this. Working with Justin at W&Ws on some additions in the boat. Going to be a work in progress. I do like the new Fusion BB box.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So when I looked online at the Solobarics they seem really power hungry 600-1200amps. Do they really need that much power and do they sounds that much better. I believe they guys at MTI said they usually only put one in the cockpit. I was also looking at JL because I plan to use JL, M series for the rest of the system. Their Subs don't seem to require anywhere near the power of the Kickers. Is there that much of a difference. Which ones does everyone else suggest.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I have one Kicker sub under my dash and it thumps! MTI did my install. I was worried about only one sub but its plenty. The rest of the speakers are Focal..by far the best I've heard.

Originally Posted by 44MTI
So when I looked online at the Solobarics they seem really power hungry 600-1200amps. Do they really need that much power and do they sounds that much better. I believe they guys at MTI said they usually only put one in the cockpit. I was also looking at JL because I plan to use JL, M series for the rest of the system. Their Subs don't seem to require anywhere near the power of the Kickers. Is there that much of a difference. Which ones does everyone else suggest.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

All I want to know is why you wanted us to paint this boat Pink?

Just kidding The boat looks phenomenal..
Like Mark said, lets do the single solo sub under the dash.. The JL Subs are good, but you wouldn't get the performance of one of the solobararics in 4 of the 10" JLs...

Ron has great experience with all this...and he and his guys have helped us out with the "conFusion" system..
The ability to control the sound on the GPS is nice, the wiFi is pretty much worthless in my opinion.
Having Bluetooth and a cable connection for your phone are the two most important features.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation

Last edited by Tim G.; 03-11-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
All I want to know is why you wanted us to paint this boat Pink?

Just kidding The boat looks phenomenal..
Like Mark said, lets do the single solo sub under the dash.. The JL Subs are good, but you wouldn't get the performance of one of the solobararics in 4 of the 10" JLs...

Ron has great experience with all this...and he and his guys have helped us out with the "conFusion" system..
The ability to control the sound on the GPS is nice, the wiFi is pretty much worthless in my opinion.
Having Bluetooth and a cable connection for your phone are the two most important features.

did he finally do his fantasy boat ..... he talked about it .... way to go 44 mti .....

cant wait to see the new .....[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by NO REGRET$; 03-12-2015 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim, now you've let the PINK cat out of the bag. LOL
Thanks for the help and info. I'll go ahead and trust you guys and go with the 1 Solobaric with a little more power this time, I had 2 kicker 12's in Hammertime but they were a cheaper line I think and definately underpowered. But still sounded great.
Gotta wait to hear back if I can put a little bigger JL's between the back seat head rest and then I'll need a little help on amps. Trying to do this on some type of budget, but I don't want to do it twice so a little extra is good. Hopefully the GPS ship this week.
Quin, its another 44 MTI. WITH underwater exhaust which should give you a couple more hints about it. I'll start a tread on the complete makeover once I get a little closer. Just have to find some pick alacantara for the interior