Notices

Shout Out to SnapOn Tools

Old 04-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsparis
@##@$ snap on. I've got 60-70 of the older screw drivers with the black (and some red) handles that are falling apart. Snap ons response to warranty "we warranty the blade, not the handle".
It may depend on what tool guy you have. I had the same issue a number of years ago and they replaced them and the hammers too. Unless there policy has changed.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SB
Overall, They are not quite what they used to be. IMHO.
more $$$ for less quality on a lot of things.

Still good for the most part, but again, not as great and they are charging more.
I love snap on, but proto is a great substitute.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BoatnBrad
It may depend on what tool guy you have. I had the same issue a number of years ago and they replaced them and the hammers too. Unless there policy has changed.
yup handles on my hammers all crumbled and split some screwdrivers also .my guy gave me all new stuff
Old 04-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You've motivated me to contact Huot to inquire about a new lock cylinder for the top cabinet I inherited from my dad. I won't get it restored, the emblems from the dealerships he worked at and the country radio station he listened to give it more character.

Last edited by Speedracer29; 04-08-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Registered

What all did they say about restoring it?
Old 04-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jdbillin
What all did they say about restoring it?
They don't offer the service, but informed me that most of the resto's she's heard of used a local body shop if it was steel. She spent quite a while helping me try to identify it and also directed me to collectingsnapon.com which is a website and forum operated by a fan of SnapOn. Loads of info there on tools and tool storage.

As far as the warranty issues go I'm guessing the local SnapOn guy has discretion & like all franchise operators some are probably better than others.

Like everything else I'm sure there are stories both good and bad; my point was I was pretty impressed by the - literally - immediate response to my inquiry.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:31 AM
Registered

I had a Snap-on box that was bought new in 1974. Through out the years of moving it around and the weight combination the supports for the box became weak. Snap-on did not make that exact box anymore. They did offer to give me the upgrade model, and they went on step further. They had a box that was about the same, except for and additional cabinet on the side with additional drawers and space. I also had the upgraded heavy duty casters on it. Snap-on offered to credit me full price of the replacement box, and for an additional $70 I could purchase this model. I did get the bigger box. I don't turn wrenches professionally anymore and haven't for many years, but I still do buy Snap-on Tools.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

The franchises do not have to warranty the tools if they are bought used, or even from another truck/franchise. In my instance I have so much invested in the stuff that my tool guy would never tell me I'm SOL. That being said a lot has changed since I bought my first snap on tools/box 11 years ago. Quality is down, warranty as above on handles, outdated parts etc. can be a pain. All of the electric/cordless stuff is junk, or at least on par with the cheaper stuff for double the price. I have gone through more batteries and cordless guns, and I take care of my things. I am done buying the electronic stuff. Snap on is still the best, the other guys have gone down in quality too. Most of the Mac/Matco/Bluepoint stuff is all just rebranded and badged anyhow. I think Snap On and Matco have the best boxes for sure. Im on my 3rd snappy
Old 04-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Registered

That is pretty cool about how fast they responded.

The reason I asked about what all they said about restoring it is I'm curious as to how much they have changed the color over the years if any at all
Old 04-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I was a Snap On dealer for 18 yrs. ('82-2000) I really enjoyed it. The corporate end sucks. They would scrutinize the broken tools and charge them back to the dealer at times. Glad I got out when I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.