Notices

Shout Out to SnapOn Tools

Old 04-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Shout Out to SnapOn Tools

Wasn't sure where to post this but felt like I had to post it somewhere.

I recently came into possession of my grandfather's SnapOn toolbox. It's old, It could be 70's vintage but I'm guessing early to mid 60's.

It's beat up; dented, scratched, missing lock, etc. But it was his, so it means a lot to me.

On a whim I sent an email to SnapOn customer service asking them if they had any info on restoring it.

In the time it took me to hit "send" and log on to OSO my cell phone was ringing.

It was a SnapOn customer service rep responding to my inquiry. At 7:24 pm last night.

She spent quite a bit of time on the phone answering my questions and also informed me that since I had inherited it (as opposed to buying it on ebay or similar) that it was under warranty as long as they still made the broken part.

I was amazed.

I'm not sure the brand of my last tool purchase (probably whichever tool truck was in our shop) but I know what my next purchase will be.

s
Old 04-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 760 Likes on 410 Posts

Way cool!
Old 04-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,165 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Cool story
Old 04-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I wrenched professionally for 20 years and built up a nice set of Snap-On tools and toolbox. I thought they came with an unconditional warranty. So they told you that if you bought a tool used that it is not warrantied? Most of mine I bought off the truck but I picked up some used tools at a flea market. I guess I'd better be careful what I say when I submit broken tools for replacement. I know this wasn't your point, but thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@##@$ snap on. I've got 60-70 of the older screw drivers with the black (and some red) handles that are falling apart. Snap ons response to warranty "we warranty the blade, not the handle".
Old 04-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 42 Posts

The warranty on the tools may be different than on the tool box, I honestly didn't think to ask.

I'll ask our SnapOn driver the next time he's in here.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by dsparis
@##@$ snap on. I've got 60-70 of the older screw drivers with the black (and some red) handles that are falling apart. Snap ons response to warranty "we warranty the blade, not the handle".
WTF? That is some serious BS for what these tools cost. Now that I don't wrench professionally I don't buy Snap-On anymore because of the difficulty getting them replaced.

Originally Posted by Slippery
The warranty on the tools may be different than on the tool box, I honestly didn't think to ask.
I'll ask our SnapOn driver the next time he's in here.
I think you are right on that but since the tool boxes can cost as much as a nice boat maybe they should have an unconditional warranty!
Old 04-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey all,while your on the subject of snap on.were they the ones that invented the rachet and socket?.a old friend told me that and said that is how they got there name.anyone know ifs that true?
Old 04-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,165 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Company History

Pioneering the idea of interchangeable sockets and wrench handles, Joseph Johnson together with William Seidemann, formed the Snap-on Wrench Company in 1920. The company manufactured and marketed ten sockets that would "snap on" to five interchangeable handles, a concept that revolutionized the tool industry. Snap-on has continued its innovative leadership across an ever-expanding line of products to this day.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:58 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Overall, They are not quite what they used to be. IMHO.
more $$$ for less quality on a lot of things.

Still good for the most part, but again, not as great and they are charging more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.