Do you think selling a boat on ebay is a waste of $$$$$$

Notices

Do you think selling a boat on ebay is a waste of $$$$$$

Old 04-25-2015, 11:34 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

In addition to listing every other boat brand along with the Phantom you're actually selling, you should list every truck model because someone looking for a truck might realize trucks are better with boats hooked up to them. You should also list classic cars and current sports cars because anyone with the money to buy a car like that could also afford a boat and they might just buy the boat indstead if only they could see it. I know I love finding lots of different things when searching for something specific.

Last edited by bck; 04-25-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
I'm thinking of listing my boat on ebay but when I looked at some of the adds it the same stuff for sale that was on there last month.
Same deal with yacht broker, boat trader, etc...you see the same stuff listed for months or even years so nothing wrong with getting more exposure on fleabay. I've had good luck selling several classic cars on EBay and even bought the current boat there. Would I buy a performance boat sight unseen- heck no I read about it on OSO and then bought it on EBay.
Anything that gets exposure is good...
Old 04-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 266 Likes on 87 Posts

It's not a waste of money because it doesn't cost you anything unless it sells... And I mean, it's a couple Bucks last time i checked. Doesn't OSO charge like 50$ for a month and a half of listing?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes thats true.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Registered

I do like that boat
Old 04-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Registered

Could be yours!
Old 04-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Registered

Sold my Scarab on EBay, and my brother's 71 Torino Convertible, and my old motorcycle. It works but sometimes it takes a few tries.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Registered

every performance boat I've sold, I sold through ebay. 2 formulas and a donzi. Got nothing through craigslist or anwhere else. One of the formulas I had to re list 3 times, but at least I got a deposit out of the first 2 buyers who never showed up, sot it was well worth the hassle. The other normal, generic boats that everybody knows and wants I have no problem selling before resorting to ebay. Huge audience with ebay. I browse once a week on ebay boats for sale looking to see what's out there, and I've bought quite a few through ebay I would have never found before. A few times I used the ebay ad to figure out what craigslist to search and then completed the deal outside of ebay, but ebay is how I found the boat
Old 04-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good info.. Thx. THe Avanti is going on Ebay. lol. With every possible boat manufacturer named on the list. Will ad the truck to it. and a few bikes, lawnmowers, Coleman canoes, .. anything else ??? tupoware, sunglasses?
Old 04-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Banned

That boat should be sold saw it great looking boat also 90mph@that price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.