Bank Beaters Busted? Sbi Nationals >

Bank Beaters Busted? Sbi Nationals

Notices

Bank Beaters Busted? Sbi Nationals

Old 09-10-2002, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by FAST FOUNTAIN
Okay, Regarding my last thread posted regarding jumping the start. That stands. The start was jumped. I was looking for a photo we were told was of the start of the race with a clear picture of the start being jumped. We waned to see the photo for proof. It did turn out it was an old photo. As for the start being jumped in that race, 45 minutes of the drives meeting Friday night in New York was on this issue. In fact the joke was to give Doug Kelley of Bank Beaters the green Pace boat flag and we can follow him since he has a faster pace then the pace boat. So it did happen and warnings were given. The start in New York was picture perfect! So I still stand by my last thread. Now regarding the cheating. We know for a fact Arizona Speed which alters the EFI boxes altered 2 boxes for Doug Kelley. The boxes that came out of Dougs boat had all Merc numbers scratched off as Arizona speed does. Now Doug let the the inspectors check the timing only. He would not let the boxes be tested. First he said no one touches my boat. Then he said only a certified mechanic. Then when a certified mechnic was brought over, Doug said he was late for his flight and didn't want anyone to touch his boat hat he dosen't know espically when he has a plane to catch. Doug left in a hurry for the airport. This was at about 7:15. At 11:00 Dog Kelly was found trashed at the bar of his hotel. What happened to the flight? Ryan Beckley posted an earlier post that all SBI boats don't run "stock efis". That is not true! Every other boat in the class invited the same inspection. There is never a beef in this class. Every one except Bank Beaters follows the rules and respects the other members of the class! Think about this. Doug kelley just won the National championship for 2002. This is the day every racer dreams of all season! This is the guy that needs attention so badly he sets up a cheap imitation of Al Copelands toy collection including a Blow up hot tub he carrys from race to race. He bought an Old jet fighter plane he had flying over a race site for a day. He was one of the only boats that had a private helicopter in NY which he made a point of anouncing it in the drivers meeting. And now that he won the National Points championship and the New York Grand Prix he dosen't hang around for his CHECKERED FLAG or his TV INERVIEW becuse he dosent have time after being confronted about a protest inspection??!! Come on. We are talking about DOUG KELLEY! I promise my post is not a rumor and a new champion will be announced!
Who's got teh popcorn? And a PEPSI please!
Old 09-10-2002, 09:05 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Goodfella:

I'm just stating a fact regarding the speeds I saw on Sunday and the claims regarding Zipp and Bank Beater's relative mph's. The NY race this year was slower than in years past when people like Jerry Gilbreath, Matt Alcone and Hugh Fuller set a meaner pace....and , in one case, rolled over.

Frankly, I thought the race was pretty good from a spectator stand point and John treated the racers very well. I was pleasantly surprised and think SBI is on at least a modest upswing at the moment.

I'm staying out of the politics...as promised.

One last thing, however..............

Fast Fountain: whether you're right or wrong I don't know...or particularly care, but the message might be better received if you didn't continually phrase it like a jilted ex girlfriend of Doug Kelly's..... whoever he is.

T2x
Old 09-10-2002, 09:41 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's all I see to. A jealous person using this board to trash Doug Kelly.

So what if he bought a plane? Or a chopper? Is that wrong or are you pissed becuase he has the money to buy neat toys?

So us the exact paragraph in the SBI rule book that says that Merc HP 500s must be stock with no changes to the efi boxes. I think your thinking of the APBA rule book.

You have no good standing with this group as you have never posted on any other thread, your sole purpose is to thrash Doug Kelly.

Oh and as for the jumped start in Point Pleasant. It didn't happen. I was on the pace boat and gave the green flag to a group of boats that were perfectly lined up on our hip. I think I had a pretty good seat to see a jumped start. Where did you see it from?
Old 09-10-2002, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Ron P
So us the exact paragraph in the SBI rule book that says that Merc HP 500s must be stock with no changes to the efi boxes. I think your thinking of the APBA rule book.
Page 40, Paragraph 13.5.1, and specifically Rule 7:

All Electronic Control Modules (ECM) must remain as originally produced with no alterations.

Of course, my understanding was that Doug was pissed that the competitors were complaining about other rules that do not exist in SBI concerning the gear ratio and vertical shafts in the drive, and not so much about this rule that is on the books.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:09 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I stand corrected.

Not that he cheated, just that there is a rule in the books.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:24 AM
GOT MERC?

Cool

I hope everyone in Bank Beaters class will learn a very valuable lesson from this. Hope to see you all in Key West Just remember you will go through inspection after the race and they will disqualify and penalize as per the rule book. They will not skirt around the issue and hope it disappears.

Last edited by Goodfella; 09-10-2002 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:20 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

What did we learn? Was Bank Beaters DQed? Or do they keep the title?
Old 09-10-2002, 04:22 PM
Registered

i can say for a fact that fastboats ecm were scand by a certifed mercury tec after the race in witness of the officals and found to be orignal mercury, as well as CRE seals inplace on both motors
Old 09-10-2002, 05:46 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

We don't need Vince.......Heck, I'll do it:

Class 1.... Turbine powered Bidet class...Cat

Class 2. .....Turbine powered Bidet class....Vee

Class 3....... "Head On" Class That's where steel plated noses are bolted on Fountains and accelerated at each other from 1/2 mile apart...... The winner is the first boat to pierce the cockpit sides of his opponent.

Class 4. ...... Survivor class-New York....... All entrants in this class are placed in Bed-Stuy, with boats and trailers, but no tow vehicles. Rigs must be worth at least $500,000 and crew cannot be armed.................. First boat to reach Liberty Landing Marina by water, under its own power, is declared the winner.....most of the other crews are located through skelatally implanted locator devices and given a decent burial....For some reason this class is generally won by Apache owners........with no problem.

Class 5......Survivor class-Key West..... All entrants are duct taped naked to the decks of their boats and parked on side streets off Duval.................near "alternative" bars. The first team to ......... Oh forget it!

T2x.................... going completely teaspoons, this time.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:51 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I declare Jason Priestly the national Class III champion for 2002.

Quick Reply: Bank Beaters Busted? Sbi Nationals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.